Thursday, July 16, 2015

First Week

It's my first P-Day and I'm so excited to finally email you guys!! First off this keyboard is really weird. The symbols are different so I'm really struggling just trying to figure out where everything is at haha. The mtc or the ccm as they say here in Guatemala is actually way fun. From Tuesday to Wednesday was literally the longest day of my life. I didnt get to sleep for almost two days because of the plane and because they just started us off in classes on our first day here. It was really really long and tiring the first few days. Now the days fly by. Our classes are fun and our teachers are seriously the best. Our first one is Hermana Simon and she is so funny and likes to yell at us a little haha our other teacher, or maestro, is Hermano Vazquez and he was companions with Seths brother in Nicaragua!!!! It was seriously so crazy when we figured that out the first day. So my Spanish has literally gone to a whole new level in just a week. It's not like I've learned any new words but by just speaking it all of the time, I am so much better at the language. My companion and I have the best spanish for sure. He was friends with Joseph Bingham in Utah!! They were like best friends. It was reallly cool becuase we have a friend in common but we have never met before. His name is Elder Goodman or as the latinos call him, Elder buenhombre. I am enjoying it here no lie. The food is spectacular!! Every meal is like beans and tortillas and depending on if its breakfast lunch or dinner, we have a type of meat. Like breakfast is eggs, lunch is usually a chicken type of dealio, and then dinner is like a beef type of thing. The third day we had a hamburger and I about cried haha. Every night every missionary on our floor gets into some tie trading. It is so fun because my tie game is pretty strong and errrrr body wants to trade with ya boy. It is a good time. But yesterday we went to the floor with the latinos to do some tie trading and I realized that I am a spoiled brat. Those guys came from basically the poorest backgrounds and they have hardly anything and then me and everyone else goes down there to show off what we have in hopes they want to trade when they dont have anything to trade. I ended up giving away a tie to one of my friends se llama Elder Garcia. I asked why he wasnt doing any trades and he says "no tengo mucho. Solo tengo cuatro" which means I dont have much, I only have four. I almost started to cry because I felt like every bad word ever. How could I go down there with all of my ties around my neck when he and most of the other guys barely have enough to get by. I gave him that orange tie that you bought me a few years ago and he would have kissed my feet if I didnt stop him. It was so humbling and totally knocked me off of my high and mighty pedestal. I know know that I am so blessed to just have some ties. These people have nothing and yet they are still on a mission serving the lord. I am jealous of them! It was nice to realized all of that a week into my mission so that I dont have to realize it when I am in someones home eating and they are literally giving me the best they can afford. This church is definitley true. My testimony is so much larger now. When you dedicated your entire day and week and month and year to the work of the Lord, there's no way that you cant have a stronger testimony. yo se que esta iglesia es verdadero con todo mi corazon. yo se que Jesucrist es el salvador del mundo y me ama mucho. yo se que thomas s monson es un profeta de Dios y recibe revalacion por nuestro iglesia. y yo SE que estoy haciendo la trabaja de mi salvador Jesucristo y ustedes y yo recibirimos bendiones por mi trabaja. en el nombre de Jesucristo, amen

No comments:

Post a Comment