Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Week 3

So third week and I'm still loving the MTC. Last week a group of the older guys left and it made me realize how bad I want to get out and serve but also how much I don't want to leave this safe little MTC haha. We had a fireside about how unhealthy Central America is and how we are all probably going to die from some disease haha. Apparently all of the missions have medicines for the diseases though....except Honduras Tegucigalpa. All of the rest have them just not mine. So, I will need some serious bug spray and a mosquito net the second I get to Tegucigalpa. Also another cool thing is that my teacher said he wants me to live with the Latinos instead of the Americans because my Spanish is too strong haha. It made me feel good but i doubt it would happen because you have to get special permission to do that from the president. I really need to do that though because I cannot understand anything but I can speak it pretty well. Like pretty pretty well. Last night I had a dream that we were dancing like we used to in the kitchen and I started crying because i wasn't ready to be an adult yet and that I don't want to leave my family and go off to some random country. It was super sad, I don't feel like I am ready to do that yet but I know that Heavenly Father will mold me into whatever he needs me to be so I'm not too worried at all. Also, Jefferson is here now. I keep accidentally calling him Jefferson instead of Elder Ostler. It is ridiculously nice to have a familiar face around. He came up to me and asked if I have cried yet and I said only in the shower so other people don't judge me haha. I'm surprisingly not as home sick as I thought I would be. It's only been three weeks but that is three times as long as the longest I was away before my mission. We were able to talk to some real missionaries today on the way back from the temple and I felt like a toddler compared to them lol I'm so jacked to go out there and start contacting people. This is such a cool opportunity and I'm grateful for every second of it. Also, it seems like everyone is receiving letters in the mail except for me.... I see how it is. I love you guys so much. I am so excited to here from you guys next week. The church is true and the book is blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment