Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Week 4

So this week has been absolutely insane. Since last Tuesday, everyone in the entire MTC has been really sick. I missed 2 full days of class by just laying in bed because I was dying. We all had the two headed dragon. which basically means that I was erupting on both ends. It was absolutely horrible. I'm still suffering but I'm not throwing up anymore so that's good. My stomach hurts so much all of the time. The Hermana next to me had to go to doctor to get tested for like a crazy bacteria. It was just 50 shades of crazy down here. Anywho, there really wasn't much that happened other than everyone sick and dying. Oh this was wild. I made friends with this one latino from Quetzaltenango which is believed to have the waters of Mormon there. Like he is a Lamanite. his name was Elder Poroj and he was just a stud. On Sunday he came up to me and goes estoy triste which means I'm sad. So I struggled to get a conversation going and ask why he was sad and if I could help at all. It turns out that his older brother died that day at 4 o'clock from a heart disease. He had talked to me about his brother before and how he loves him so much. It's just him and his brother who are members and his older brother served a mission in Tegucigalpa. He wears his mission plaque everywhere to remember him. Anyways, his mom called and was basically demanding him to come home to be with the family to mourn. He told her no way because the second he is no longer a missionary, he can no longer be with his brother because he is wearing his plaque. He was crying but just stopped and was like thunder and goes I have a mission to do for him. He would want me to stay. Why cant I be like Elder Poroj. lets be real, if Xena died i would be losing my mind. He set an incredible example for me and so many other people on the floor. I love that kid and because of him, I am so much more dedicated to this mission. I'm so jacked to get out to Tegucigalpa and tell people like I told Elder Poroj that families are together forever. And even when you lose someone now, they aren't gone. But they are just watching you and rooting for you every step of the way. In that moment, my testimony of the plan de salvacion was real. I didn't just believe it but I knew it. I could feel his brother when I was hugging Elder Poroj. He was there because he isn't gone. I love this church so much. I'm so excited to be a missionary mom. I know that technically I am right now but lets be real, it doesn't fully start until the plane lands in Teguci. Then its game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment