Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 8

I got your package a couple days ago but no letters yet. So we didn't have any baptisms this past week because one person needs to attend church a few more times and the other decided he wants to wait longer. We pushed his date to the 12th and he chose me to baptize him!! So that's pretty sick. Also we had some miracles happen this week. We were contacting and just walking along with this one kid named Daniel and he said that he has heard every discussion but never went to church. We invited him to go and he said yes! Then right when we were done talking to him this guy said hey elders!! We turned around and were talking to him. I didn't understand much at all but Elder Reinoso said to me at the very end, that he has read the whole Book of Mormon but has never met with the missionaries.... so he's finna get dunked real nice! Then later that day we needed to contact like 3 more people and we were on our way to dinner and I knew that we were about to go right, so I said ¨someone is ready on this next road". We turned on that road and there was one lady in the street. We started to talk to her and she just loved it all. At the very end, she said that she has been praying for someone like us to come into her life!! This church is true. I know that Heavenly Father is preparing everyone for our message and is putting the people who are ready in our paths. We taught about 70 something lessons this week and only about 3 people said that they don't want us to come back. We have I think 15 solid people who we are pretty sure will be baptized just this week. The work here is great but only when we are obedient. When we are even a few minutes late to something, we know that we are being punished because no one wants to talk to us. I love it here! Even though I was like dying of dehydration and like heat stroke or something this week, I wouldn't leave for anything. Don't get me wrong, I miss you all but I love every person I see here. It's a good trait to have because it makes me really persistent. I will do anything to make sure that the people invite us back. One day, this lady so that she doesn't want us to come back so I called her out on her faith. She had claimed to have a ton of faith so I asked if she knew James 2:17 which said "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." (Faith without works is dead) I then followed and said that if you really have faith, then you will pray. If Heavenly Father says that our message is false, then whatever but I promise He will tell you it is true. It was way sick! I love it so much. I suck at Spanish but its okay. Elder Reinoso compared me to Moses because he couldn't speak it very well and yet he was a great teacher. That's me! I am MOSES haha I love you so much and the whole family. Tell them i said sup!

No comments:

Post a Comment