Sunday, September 13, 2015

Week 9

Jon's mom here..I was headed to Hawaii when Jon wrote last week so I apologize to all his fans for getting this up so late!


So this week was tough. I'm starting to realized that Spanish is hard and sounds a lot like Chinese gibberish when you don't really know the language. I had kind of a mental breakdown of like anger for about 4 hours because I suck at Spanish haha but we are all good now and I'm still trucking along. So I bore my testimony in Spanish yesterday and blessed the sacrament in Spanish too. People kept telling me that my Spanish is getting better and at first i was like sweet! Then I started to wonder how bad my accent was before haha. Oh and I taught a lesson in Spanish for church. I'm a one man show with my companion here. This past week we had a ton of success. We taught 87 lessons this week! I don't even know how I have enough time for that. We have a baptism this Saturday and I get to do it! Only like 4 weeks in and I'm already dunking! They should probably call me Jo(no h)n the baptist or something! This week we had splits with the other Elders and I was with Elder Limatu from Guatemala and I was so nervous because I didn't know the area very well at all and I had to be in charge of it all since it was my area. So long story short I killed it. We taught like 12 people that day and I challenged everyone of them to baptism. All but like 3 said yes too! Let me tell you that I love to be a missionary. I'm famous here. Everyone knows the Elders and wants to talk to them or ask us for money for some reason haha. Well I love you all and I am praying for you all like every 4 minutes here. Peace out fam and I will see you all next week.






No comments:

Post a Comment