Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 12


I did so much this week and I can't believe that it is p day already. So let's just start by saying that basically every church is out to get us apparently. Because Elder Reinoso and I have just worked our butts off, literally the other churches are ticked and are preaching apostasy about the church. We will go to investigators and they are asking the most random questions and turns out that the churches are going door to door like we do but they are telling the people to stop praying and stop reading the Book of Mormon and teaching pure anti. It's absolutely ridiculous but it just means we are doing a good job out here. I am getting frustrated with some of our investigators. We have been teaching this guy named Armando for as long as I have been here. We have been stuck with him so we just decided to teach the basics to him. Yesterday we talked only about prayer and it turns out that not one time has he prayed. I feel like some of our investigators just want to be friends with us or learn English from me. Armando has had pastors come to his door to tell him not to pray and that's why. I don't understand. The scriptures are clear. Ask and ye shall receive knock and it shall be opened unto you. And yet the other churches are saying that they should just believe in them and not pray. Literally if they just took like 20 seconds to pray, we would be baptizing every single day. Frustrating!


Something cool I did was climb a mountain to talk to people. It was so hot and so much of a climb I had sweat stains in my knees haha we have about 20 investigators in the mountains now. It's amazing when people are sheltered from the anti and hate for the church how much people love the messages. Something that was really cool was that two people said that they thought they knew me but they never leave the mountain nor have I ever been to the mountain before. Basically the church is true and I have a testimony that missionaries aren't just sent to where ever but that we are called to specific places. The people of Honduras need me. I mean they already know me from like dreams or something. It's amazing this work. I really love it. Spanish is coming a long and I'm having a good time.


The next time I write I will have a new companion because Reinoso is getting transferred. yo soy el jefe ahorita.


PS. turns out I had dengue fever when I was sick. Look that up, it's a good time. Oh and the people literally do whatever they can to get money. They will get a machete and cut grass all day for like nothing. The jobs here are just manual labor or they own a store or pulperia which is like a snack shop. No one really works for stores because there really aren't any. Just construction, farming, or something hard and laborious.

No comments:

Post a Comment