Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 10

First things first, I'm the realest. So I baptized someone Saturday! His name is Louis Armando Velazquez Banegas. That was a really cool experience. I was so nervous but I got it on the first try. He didn't want to go all the way underwater so I gave him a quick last second shove and cheque. They really should call me Jon the baptist haha I cant believe that within a month of my time here in Honduras I'm already baptizing. Just goes to show that when you work hard every day and are perfectly obedient, you will be given success. So other than my first baptism, another cool thing that happened this week is that a companionship in our zone is getting emergency transferred because one of them literally tried kill the other one. Who says missionaries are perfect?? So the one missionary that was being attacked came with us this week so we had a tripionship. His name is Elder Sosa from the Dominican Republic. I thought Honduran Spanish was hard to understand haha. It's like if every person who lived in East St Louis spoke Spanish but with the same hood accent. That was what I was listening to for a week haha but because I grew up in the hood I understood him actually pretty well. Ooh and Elder Reinoso and I are literally dirt poor right now. We've had about 40 limperas between us for the past week. That's about 2 dollars. How we have survived, not sure but we are still kicking. We get paid but cant withdraw our money until tomorrow. And no place around here accepts MasterCard soooo i really am dirt poor haha its cool though, It's all about the experiences for sure. I cannot believe how fast time goes by on the mission. I felt like yesterday I was writing everyone and here I am again. I realized today on this bus thing (that is really just a minivan and they stuff about 30 people into it) that I really love being a missionary. Elder Sosa asked what my favorite part about being a missionary was and I listed just about every part. I truly love this work. Other than the fact that I cant understand very much and I always seem to lack the right word in the important moments, I love it. I love teaching and crossing rivers by jumping from rock to rock to find a random dude in a field and then telling him he can live with his family forever through the plan de salvacion. I love seeing peoples faces light up when they realized that it is all true. I just love it. I have no reason to be sad because I know that Heavenly Father is with me every step of the way and putting people in my path. All i have to do is say hola. I love you so and the fam so much and i miss you like crazy. We have a term here called being baggy and it means homesick. i am baggy but its all good. Love you and I will see you in like 22 months or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment