Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 11 Frustration and Sickness



Where do I begin with this week.... So I thought my problem this week was going to be my money but turns out that I should be like an accountant or something because I put a plan together for Elder Reinoso and my money so that we could see where all of our money is going and see if we could save a couple bucks. Turns out we just buy a lot of CocaCola and if we cut back we will have an absurd amount of money. So right now we are ballin with our water and fat wallets haha anyways... here´s the fun part. Someone is teaching this girl in our rama(branch) anti-mormon literature and she has basically denied God now. She asks us a question, we answer, and she says she still doesn´t believe. This went on for like an hour and finally i just stood up and told her that we could answer all of her questions but we cant give you faith in the Book of Mormon nor of God unless you act and pray to know for yourself what's true and false. Then I grabbed Reinoso and we left. Then went to another house and they started basically screaming that they won't pray to no Joseph Smith because they believe in God. That's always actually pretty funny because they feel really dumb after we get done showing them that our plaques say Church of Jesus Christ and not Church of Joseph Smith. And that we don't pray to Joseph Smith but only to God. That day was just filled of anger toward us and the church. Oh and i was super super sick Thursday to Sunday. I didn't even leave the house from Friday to Sunday. I had like a deathly fever that they almost sent a bus for me to take me to Tegucigalpa because there aren't any hospitals here haha but I'm alive and well now. I learned that although I get to sleep a lot when I'm sick, I would rather work because the time is so fast when you are out and about working. Anyways, I wouldn't say that this week was bad necessarily, just really ehhh. Our.... I cant remember the word in english. Like our stats for the week weren't good because we missed about half by sitting in the house waiting for me to die. But still, the work is fun and satisfying. October I'm going to be so tired from all of the baptisms I'm about to have!! Literally like all of our investigators are progressing and they all have dates for October. I. GET. DUNKS. lol and also I forgot to tell you that this dude straight up told me that he didn't want me to say the opening prayer because I cant speak Spanish haha that hurt super bad and I didn't say one word the entire lesson. Then after the lesson I started crying in the street haha but my companion is the best and really helped me out. Then later that night we contacted this guy on the corner and he looked so confused. He looked at me and asked how long I had been in Honduras and I said a little over a month. Then he asked me how I was so good at Spanish if I had only been there for a month!! It´s truly amazing how much Heavenly Father loves his little children and his missionaries. That guy didn't even live in Cantarranas and I have no idea what he was doing here. I truly believe that he was just put in my path to help me out when I needed him most. After that moment everything clicked and since then Spanish has been good. I am actually communicating with people in Spanish. Not just teaching but talking to people and joking around. Anyways, I love you bunches and I miss you all. I cannot believe how fast the time goes by. Hasta Luego


Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment