Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Week 2

The MTC is so baller no lie. There are days when I get sad because I miss mommy and poppa smurf but other than that, my district is my family so it helps me out so much. Let me tell you, as a missionary, I feel the spirit so much that I sometimes don't even realize it's with me because I'm so used to it. Last p-day, was the most I have probably ever felt it. We had a district meeting after watching an Elder Holland talk and we weren't even very sure what to say and after like 30 minutes, Elder Johnson, who is from Preston Idaho where Napoleon Dynamite was filmed, started to give his testimony, then Elder Larimer from Texas, then I did it and I was crying. I was talking about how I felt so out of place because everyone was so excited to be off on a mission and how they cant wait to get in the field but I wanted to be with my mommy watching a movie or cuddled up with Xena getting her dog hair all over me. I was saying how scared I was to be off in a random country where more likely than not, I will get some deadly disease and be in the hospital at least one time in my mission, but I know that the work I am doing is what is right and that Heavenly Father will bless my life and my families if I do the work. It was the most powerful testimony I have probably ever given. Then my buddy Elder Smith who is the tough football player gave his testimony because he said mine inspired him. His was so powerful and just, as Alison says, "retweeted" my testimony about how he is also so scared but he knows that when he is down, the Savior is there to catch him and help him up. The spirit was so overwhelming. Anyways, it's been way cool. I'm struggling with Spanish like crazy. I feel like I've hit a wall. But I'm praying so hard to be better and during a lesson that my companion and were teaching, the gift of tongues went into full affect. Ii bore my testimony of the libro de mormon and I did it perfectly in the best Spanish I have ever given. It was way cool. Let's see. My teachers love me and ask me to translate when people don't understand. I've been balling every day during exercise and that is so fun. I've been doing some sick tie trading. I've only got like 3 ties that i came here with and the rest I've traded. I'm wearing this awesome red tie I traded for. Also, that Elder I gave a tie to, I may or may not have bought him like 30 dollars worth of stuff because I knew he didn't have any money to buy garments or a book of mormon that wasn't a crappy give out one. I wouldn't have done it if the spirit didn't prompt me to. It was the right thing. Anyways, send my love to the family. I miss you guys so much. I started crying during a Joseph Smith movie just because the mom was holding a kid hahaha I'm a mommas boy for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment