Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 18 aka The struggle is real!


Being is a missionary is hard. Who was it that said that these will be the best two years?? I´ve got 4 months now and I'm just burnt out! So my week was sucky. Remember that lady that said those really nasty things to our investigators? Well she is back at it!! And pretending like nothing has happened. We thought that we could have been able to fix it but now it is probably game over. He told us he didn't want to get baptized this week nor does he ever want to go to church or talk with the missionaries. Not just our church but all churches because he decided that no matter how hard he tries, he will always be a screw up and can't change. So I'm assuming that stuff is all the work of that dumb lady. And the other baptism we should have had fell as well because I guess she did something bad. I dont know what it was, she wouldnt tell us. So this Saturday was baptismless and depressing. I feel like all of my efforts are just going down the drain. I work so hard and I have nothing to show for it. All of our investigators are falling because the can't get answers to their prayers and we can't find anyone to teach now for some reason. The last transfer all we had was success and now we have nothing. We can't even get people to wait five minutes so we can teach them something. We do a lot of walking now because we don't have any appointments so we tract a lot and go to members houses to try and get references. I am just so frustrated. However, its still all good. I´m still working hard and still just trying and trying. I know that eventually something will happen. Also turns out I will be in this area for 6 months now probably so I'm sure that something good will happen in that time period.
On a brighter note, there are apparently only like 4 movies from honduras and there is another one being filmed in my area!!! like every day there are people with cameras filming something! So when I get back in like 20 months, lets watch a movie about my first area!!
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment