Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 17


Well, like every week, this one was really fast as well. We really didn't do much this week, not because we are bad but because it is just how things worked out. We had district meeting on Friday so half of the day was there and then we had to do interviews for these people who are getting baptized in another area because Elder Chichia is the district leader. Got stuck in that area because there wasn't a bus so we spent the rest of our day there. Then Saturday we had district conference which is basically Stake Conference but for the branches all day. And same thing on Sunday. So our last three days have been really chill.  We still got some work done and talked to a bunch of people. We should have two baptisms this week. We could have had five buuuuut one of our members said some really not nice words to three of our investigators and now they want nothing to do with the church. We went to her house after we figured it out and she wasn't there. Which may have been good because we were both really mad at her and probably say some not nice words to her as well. So we will just go to her house another day. But that was really the first time I have really been really frustrated in my mission. Other times are just dumb things like I cant speak or I'm tired of eggs and beans but this time was for real. I was really angry. We talked to one of the people and they are now chill but 2 of the 3 are nowhere to be seen. We saw one in the street and she completely ignored us and the other today on a bus and she did the same. I am heated as they say in the states.
But life goes on and there are still good things about being here. I can honestly speak spanish. I can say what I want to say and without thinking too. I just can't understand it!! I dont understand how the words are in my vocabulary but when they speak it just doesnt make sense. I hear every word that they say but their sentences just don't make sense. Basically they speak like old English style. So in English it is ¨who am I talking with¨ but in Spanish, ¨with whom am I talking¨ it is so frustrating but I'm figuring it out. Elder Chichia and I have like real conversations now so that is fun. And I can teach a lesson but the second they as a question or say a comment, game over and i have to have Elder Chichia help me out.
I still love it here and I am so grateful to be here in Honduras. It is a really cool country!
I love you all!!
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment