Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 19



So this week was also frustrating. nothing serious went down but I'm realizing that I do not know how to be a missionary. We didn't have changes so I am still with Elder Chichia and he goes home in like 20 days or something and he doesn't want to do anything at all. We actually worked for the first time this week because I kind of forced him into it and I completely forgot how to contact people because we just haven't done it. We have been focusing on all of our investigators that we already had that we just haven't contacted people and when we went to do it I just blanked and freaked out. It sucked.
I have days when I literally feel like I am fluent in Spanish and I can do it all but this week wasn't like that. For some reason, I feel like all of the Spanish that I have learned just got taken away from me until today. I speak fine now but this whole week was just chasta (lousy). I was teaching gospel doctrines yesterday and no one payed attention the entire time and at the end I was so mad that I cut it ten minutes early and told them to just talk like they had been the whole time and then this lady told me that she was talking because she didn't understand anything I said. Then like my mom from Honduras totally yelled at her and praised my spanish but it still sucked.
Investigators still aren't getting answers and we have had to drop a couple because they don't want to talk to us anymore because they don't believe it because they didn't get an answer. We challenged people to baptism and they all said yes. However, they need to get married first and here, they just don't do that so basically they will just be investigators all their lives. We did have one and she should get baptized but she needs to just go to church. She told us that she had talked with a ton of missionaries but that we are the best and that she really really wants Elder Chichia to do it so hopefully that all goes well.
Here are some funny stories that happened this week however.
1. We were teaching the restoration and how Christ did the atonement leading up to how he established his church. So I said que mas hizo Jesucristo. which means, what more did Jesus Christ do. Then the girl said ¨"ahh si, que macizo" and that means oh yeah, how cool haha she combined the words that I said and thought that I said that Jesus was just the coolest hahaha so that was funny
2. We were teaching about the word of wisdom and I asked like the kind of food to eat. Of course they said eggs and beans, then I asked what drink we should drink. And they said well coke, and if you don't have coke I guess you can drink water. It would be funny if they were kidding but they were dead serious. These people genuinely drink more coke than water. So I thought that was pretty funny too
Being a missionary is super tough. No one ever said that it was easy but i have never heard anyone say that they hated their mission so i am sure it will pick up. Just endure to the end right?
Love you
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment