Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 16



So before I said that I think I know what it is really like to be a missionary.... nope. I have been living in fairytale land for the past like 4 months. We are working super hard, in the hot hot hot weather, and no one is interested. No one is getting answers to their prayers, and we are just not having any success. I don't know why but I just feel like no one is progressing. We had some really solid investigators and now we have like 8 total. That is cool and all but none of them are getting answers to their prayers. Literally they are all praying which is really surprising for me to hear but none are getting answers. I just dont get it. I keep saying that we will always recieve an answers and sometimes we need to be patient but this is getting a little bit out of hand. Like 4 weeks and nothing. They haven't said that they got an answer that it is no but they are losing faith. I feel like it is me. What am I doing wrong. How can I be better? I pray and pray and pray all day everyday for our investigators but just nothing is working. I am not losing faith or anything but still I just wish that they could all get an answer and get dunked!
Also, our baptism for Andrea fell this week. I guess her daughter got sick and they had to go to Teguc for like three days so it is this week but this week is like stake conference but it is like district conference because we are just a branch and it is the day of her baptism so we will see how that goes. We have another on the 7th with this guy named Jorge. He is so sick. My first time with him he told me that he doesn't care what we teach but he will believe it all. Thats how much faith he has. It was seriously awesome.
Still the life is good here. I'm smarter with my money and not wasting it on CocaCola and chips like my first transfer. I figured out they have these things called semitas which is like this bread thing..... I have an addiction. They are a dime each and I eat about 6 for breakfast alone. Only 12 limperas which is basically trash. I am learning to love beans and eggs. Like I crave it throughout the day now.
People are still racist and think that Honduras is relevant to the world. They say stuff like the United States hates Honduras because they have better food and things are cheaper. After that I told her that before my mission I heard the word Honduras maybe 7 times in all my life and I couldn't even tell you where it was on a map until I got my call to serve here. She didn't think it was very funny but it made her stop talking about how great this country is(nt). Don't get me wrong, I love Honduras with all my heart, just don't ever say that it or anything else is better than ´Murica!!!
I love you all with all my heart and I miss you. This mission thing is not easy pero vale la pena
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment