Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 32 Baptism!



So this was another good week. My companion and I are killing it out here. I love that guy so much. I understand everthing that he says. Like everything. And he told me that he understands everything that I say and that I am almost flawless!!! SPANISH BOIII. After about 7 months I feel like I got it. Like we go shopping and I don't talk like a 3 year old. I have real conversations and everything. It's going very well. I still love my area with all of my heart. I work hard with my companion and it's just wonderful. Life is good.

So lets hit some highlights of this week. We had a baptism!!! His name is Fabricio and he is 18 going on 19 and is a stud. I mean I know I'm a missionary and should always be like a missionary but I talk to him like he is just one of my friends. He is absolutely high-larry-us. I was crying when he was talking to us about how he thought his baptism would go down. He was just killing me. Just seriously funny. He wants to be a missionary and he wants to stay in the church forever. He is just awesome. Elder Solis baptized and I confirmed him. It was my first time and it was incredible. This whole priesthood thing is a huge power and I'm slowly understanding how incredible it is. I was so nervous that my legs were shaking and my hands where shaking so hard that his head was shaking. He came back to me and was like "what the heck!!! why where you shaking my head??" I was just like that it was the Holy Ghost and we started laughing super hard again haha love that guy.

We did have 2 baptisms lined up for Saturday but only Fabricio was baptized. The other is named Marlon. Who I also love. Like he is also a stud. Very spiritual and just understands it all! I guess he smoked the day of his interview and didn't tell us so he didn't pass his interview so we have to get another one for him in like 2 weeks. He still wants to get baptized and even went to church yesterday. We left a scripture story about Saul and how he was a scrub and persecuted the Saints and then Jesus came and then he changed his life and his name to Paul and then he became an apostle. We made him study the scriptures and he came to church and showed us what he learned. He had scriptures highlited and showed us a scripture that said that Saul needed to go to a city where he would take refuge (something like that) and he was like "when I was reading that I realized that I am like Saul, I need to change and take refuge and I think that my refuge is the church" this guy is a stud. We gained his trust with magic tricks. I've become quite the magician on my mission haha

Another thing that happened this week is that the bishopric made the whole ward stay and they talked to us for 2 hours about how we need to love our neighbor. I guess what happened is that a member and another member got together and started fighting and one of them is completely moving to go to another ward. She was telling us all this junk and I was like well if you leave, who is going to feed us on Tuesdays..... I hate conflict and its so dumb.

So this was just a good week. I love this area and I feel so blessed to be here. I've been losing track of time and the days go by so fast. I wonder how it is going on the other side of the world. time is fast? or bien despacio???

I love you so much!!!
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment