Monday, July 25, 2016

You've got to accentuate the positive Eliminate the negative Week 55

So another week went by in my process of enduring to the end.  I find that Heavenly Father really wants me to learn patience.  So I'm trying my best to learn and learn.  That or Heavenly Father trusts me with some rebellious companions because I would say that I have really only had 2 companions who really wanted to work haha I wouldn't say that things are good but I mean I'm sure that they could be worse so I'm counting my many blessings.  My companion just really doesn't want to be here.  All that he talks about is how much he wants to go home, how he hates the mission, how he hates the area, the zone, and the south in general.  I legit asked him like why do you hate it all so much.  And he said that he is tired of not having authority in the mission and wants to be a leader in the mission so that he can have some responsibility....  I was just like well maybe if you show Pres.  Bowler that you are a good missionary you will become a leader.  I love this little goober so much.  I really truly think that he is great, but I'm also grateful that this transfer is almost over and that I will have someone new to work with.  The countdown is 9 days...

But this week was good.  For the little amount that we are limited to doing, we had some really good success.  We have like 5 investigators who are really great.  1 is Carlos.  He speaks fluent English and hates speaking Spanish, so I literally teach him it all in English.  He has gone to church 2 weeks in a row, he does all of his homework and we even go to his house and find him reading the Book of Mormon on his own!  I love that guy.  He has a date for the 13 of August to be baptized.  Then we have some other really great people who are seriously awesome.  Some people that were meeting with the missionaries from like years back but never progressed because she wasn't married and not willing to get married.  Now she moved out and we swooped right in!!  She already has a testimony of it all!!  Then we have some teenagers who are super awesome.  It just feels good to know that even though we aren't working like we should, God is still blessing us.

I've really been thinking this week about how great this gospel truly is.  How perfect it is.  How even the most lost people can come back to the straight and narrow path.  I was able to really bare my testimony to someone this week.  She asked us how much we get paid as missionaries and we told her nothing.  So then she was like why do you do it. I just told her with a very strong firmness in what I was saying ¨because I know this is really all true¨.  Like every missionary comes back home and they say all of the cool things that they have learned.  But I think for me, my first year in the mission just really reaffirmed everything that I already knew.  I know that God loves us all.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and the path in which we can only go back to the presence of God.  I know that this really is the only true Church on the Earth.  I know that no matter how lost we might be, when we focus on the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we will always be able to make it back.  These were all things that I already believed but now like I said before I really do know this is all true.  I love the mission.

I love you all!
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment