Monday, September 5, 2016

Week 61 Rain more rain and pictures!

So this week nothing big happened in the life of a Honduran missionary.  This week it rained like crazy.  Like I have honestly never seen so much rain.  I feel like now, it is weird to me if it doesn't rain.  For about 4 weeks straight, it has rained almost every day without fail and I have gotten soaked, about every week without fail.  But on Thursday, it was on a whole different level.  I wish i had gotten photos of it all.  So we had just finished our district meeting on Thursday and we decided to go to KFC and eat.  So while we were there it seemed like the end of the earth type of rain.  The lights were flickering on and off, there were people running inside for shelter, and there were lightening bolts landing in the parking lot.  I mean it was some pretty legendary stuff.  I was in KFC for 3 hours waiting for it to stop raining that hard.  And when it all stopped, the roads were flooded and not one taxi wanted to take me home... so we walked.  And no I'm not bitter, just soaked.  and because of the rain that keeps coming, we basically never have power in all of the city of Choluteca.  So when like 6 comes around, we have to go home because there isn't anymore light to work with.  So legit, this week I might have had a full 2 days to work.  And without light in the house, it really isn't all that fun to stay home either.  We couldn't even play chess!

It is fun having to jump from like pebble to pebble to cross a lake of water, but if you miss that pebble, the day just turns to suck a whole lot faster haha but I think that it amuses the Hondurans to see the Mormon Missionaries trying to preach the gospel in this hurricane so I just keep doing it because at least that one someone is happy!

Another fun thing that happened this week is that we got to go to Teguc for a training meeting.  It was basically a time to find out who is working and who isnt working.  I felt pretty good about it though and it was fun to stress out the other missionaries who have already broken their children and they dont work as much hahaha  I love the meetings because they always just give us pizza so that is a good free meal.

I mean honestly that was about it.  Just a normal, regular week.  I need you all to pray that my investigators can get baptized.  We are teaching so many but they just aren't getting baptized.  They all know it is true but they just aren't baptized.  So pray that we can get them baptized!

Love you all
Jon






No comments:

Post a Comment