Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 64 good week

So this week was actually really great.  We weren't able to get the baptism because we had a big conference in the morning and then the womans conference at night.  Because Gisenias brother died a while back all of the family is taking turns taking care of the mom and this week she was gone like allll week with the mom.  She didn't even get to go to church because she wasnt even down in choluteca.  It is all just so sad with sister gisenia.  I just dont know what to do to help her because I haven't ever had an experience like that one.  So I am really relying on the Spirit to guide the lessons so I can know what to send her.  But the thing is that she still wants to get baptized so we will just do it later on.

But the week was good.  It was really really quick.  I really love all of my investigators that I have.  We have a total of 10 investigators that are progressing.  And of those 10, they have all gone to church!! So we just really have to get into the phase of baptizing! haha  a really cool thing that happened this week was that we had 2 investigators really open up to me and my companion.  One is named Lincoln and he is a dude that didnt want anything at first.  We found him like in the first week with Elder Santacruz and I was just trying to show him how to try to put an appt even with people that dont want anything.  and because I was stubborn with him, he is now someone that has a little testimony builiding!!!  he opened up to us on like Thursday and told us, "Elders, in the past, i have been visited by so many missionaries and I always listened to be nice.  But the truth is that i didnt understand why they were there.  They told me about Joseph Smith and baptism but i didnt understand why that was important.  and then you guys came to my door and I honestly didn't want anything, but now because of you guys, i understand why this is important.  You are the only ones that really are teaching me and not just throwing the lesson in my face".  It was such a great moment.  It just shows that we really gotta get to know the investigators so we can know HOW to teach the investigator.  Because the lessons are easy to teach but they are even easier if we know how to teach it to teach their needs and problems!
then our other investigator Carlos, we have been teaching him since the days of Elder Hernandez.  and he just wasnt ever really progressing but goes to church with us and everything.  We would always put baptismal dates but he wouldnt get baptize.  We realized that maybe he just didnt understand the Resoration yet.  So we watched Joseph Smith movie with him and right after he just looked at us and says "I think it is time to get baptized" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he told us that this whole week he has wanted to get baptized and then he was nervous because of it so started dodging us.  Then he called us to invite us to come over and then we watched the movie and boom! A super awesome investigator!!!

This week was just so great!! And really wet! It rained really hard all week again.  Like honeslty, it rains everyday all day.  im either sweating form the heat or just soaking wet from rain..... its all about the experiences though right!!

Well I love you all!
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment