Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 65 Conference Weekend

Hey guys!  What a great conference week we had!  I remember being back at home watching conference as I was secretly teaching myself to sleep with my eyes open.  Now I really have a huge understanding of the importance of conference and I honestly love it so much.   I would say that my favorite talk for sure was given by Pres. Uchtdorf but I don't remember if it was just Saturday morning or afternoon.  But the talk that he gave had a really great quote to it that really changed the way that I think.  He said that he went to like Ireland and there he read something and it translates to something like (and sorry if it isn't exact because I don't have my notes) "What shall we give in return for so much?" What will I be willing to do for the things that God has done for me.  It just really made me that much more appreciative to be here on the mission so that I can give back for all that my Heavenly Father has done for me.  So in the future if I don't ever want to magnify my callings in church, do home teaching, or share the gospel with a friend, I will always just remember that talk. Shout out to Pres. Uchtdorf for always having such good talks!

So other than conference my week was pretty normal.  We really only had like 3 days to work because of conference and because I had to go and help the sisters in my district move houses.  Their suitcases are ridiculously heavy.  But we were able to do some good visits.  I guess our investigator Gisenia, is still really shaken up.  I thought that she was handling the death of her brother well but she really opened up and just cried her eyes out.  We were able to just talk to her and remind her of the love that Heavenly Father has for her and that through Jesus Christ´s atonement she will be helped. I know that she just wants to see her brother but that is really the best we can do for her.  It is sad for sure.  A great thing that happened is that our investigator Carlos, says that he wants to be baptized! So we will probably put the date for this Saturday.  I am really hoping and praying that it goes through to end the drought! haha

I hope that next week I will be able to tell some fun stories and fill you in on the baptism as well!
I love you all!
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment