Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 69 Lot's of pictures


My week was so great!!!

Like I had told you last week, I got transferred to Danli again! And I just love it so much here! But it was sad having to say bye to everyone in Choluteca. I honestly really loved it there even though it was like 100 degrees every day and it probably gave me skin cancer from so much sun. But I sent all of those photos of all of the people I loved in Choluteca. I would say that the hardest person to say bye to was the guy in the Purple shirt because he was just so cool. His name is Mohonri... yes he is a member haha and he speaks fluent English so we would always just chit chat in English. then everyone else I will miss so much too. Just a really cool ward out there in Choluteca.

But now I am back here in the east! Back in my territory Danli!! It is so cold!!! I dont remember it being so cold!! at night i sleep without a fan and I still have to put on a sweater and pajama pants!!! I love it though! I decided I hate the heat and I want to move somewhere cold for all of my life and then just go to vacation to warm places. But I love it here. There are a few people that I already know! And the ward here is so strong! We received 13 references this week! That's more than I have gotten in my whole mission haha all of the youth go and contact people throughout the week and they tell us the positive ones. And my companion is a beast when it comes to baptizing so hopefully with the help of the ward we should be able to baptize a whole bunch here!

A really cool thing that happened this week was that Elder Oaks from the quorum of the 12 came and gave us a talk!! It was so funny!! He started off just roasting the presidential candidates! the whole audience was just dying of laughter!! He then proceeded to get super serious and say, but i hope you all know the difference between when I am serious and when I am joking...... and right now I am not joking!! The whole building erupted in laughter again haha he really taught us some great things! A huge point that I loved was that us as missionaries think that we are trying to convert people to The Church of Jesus Christ when in reality we aren't. We are converting people to the gospel of Jesus Christ. and through that they will then learn to love the things of the church. It really opened my eyes and made me kind of change the way that I teach people. Rather than freaking out if they like the church or not, I need to make sure that they have a testimony of the Book of Mormon or of Joseph Smith. It was a great talk. Then at the very end he said that he will bless us to remember everything that he has taught us, as if he was personally laying his hands over our heads. It was just so awesome!!

And I think we killed our song! So it was a double win!!!

Over all I am just so happy to be here. I would prefer that there were more elders than sisters but its fine. I can manage eating fancy food for Pday...... ugh. Also, we are like 5 days in the transfer and we are already having problems with a companionship.... being Zone Leader is a lot harder. Like it is just a whole lot more of responsibility than before!

I love you all!

Elder Garry























No comments:

Post a Comment