Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 67 Baptism


Alright my week was great! I am proud to say that after about 6 months of waiting and walking and knocking on doors and hundreds of lessons, we were finally able to end our drought and get a baptism! The baptismal service stressed me out so bad!! We announced several times to the people that we were going to have a baptism at 11 o'clock on Saturday and that we want as many people as possible to be there. So when 11 o'clock came around, it was us and Carlos who was going to be baptized and no one else. not even the Bishop who had a talk. not even his family members who also had talks. I was furious! I had to call everyone and they all just said "oh don't worry we are on our way" we had to start the baptism at 11 30 with only the bishop his counselor, some member who is just so excited to do anything, an investigator, and basically the whole primary because they were there practicing some songs. so i decided that i wanted to just shave the whole ward for being unsupportive. But I decided not to because I figure if I do that, they will all hate me and i dont want that. But I do have one week left so I will probably address the problem next week before i leave this area so they can hate me if they want, but that should never have happened. The elders quorum didn't even show up. Not one of them. It was ridiculous honestly. But the baptism its self was great! I was able to baptize him and after wards he was really emotional and was just saying "thank you Lord" over and over again! I loved it! He is just such a great person and I am so grateful to have been apart of his journey to baptism! So great!

Also we received some great news this week!! So next week our mission and the mission Comayaguela will all have the privilege of listening to Elder Oaks!! He is coming to Honduras to give us a talk and I am so excited!!! He will be the third Apostle that I will be able to hear in real life! I am hoping that we all get to shake his hand because just doing that is so edifying. It is like the story of the sick lady in the Bible that sees Jesus walking by and she knows that by just touching him, she will get better. I feel like that when I get to shake their hands, that all of my problems will just go away. It is so amazing that we will get the opportunity of hearing a real life Apostle of the Lord.

So basically this week was just full of spiritual experiences. I know that it is fun getting to hear fun stories about me getting stung by scorpions in the middle of the night but this week was just full of blessings and hard work! My companion and i are just wearing holes in our shoes from all the work we are doing. We were able to have some great lessons with our investigators. In one of the lessons we were able to really show our investigator Jason(he spells it Yeyson #hondurasspelling) that the Book of Mormon is true! And it was so awesome getting to see him realize it. His eyes got all big and was just in awe. Then right after wards he goes "I think I can feel the Spirit right now". we taught him about the Holy Ghost but only using the Book of Mormon. and the lesson just worked out so great! then we had another lesson with our investigator Gesenia (whose brother died) and we brought an RM to the lesson and we taught about the story when Christ was on the boat with his Apostles and there was a big storm and then Christ just stopped it. Then related it to the storms in our lives and how we too need the help of Christ. It was a very powerful lesson!

And last but not least. Today I watched a 3 hour movie called Charly. If you haven't seen it, watch it. It is a church movie and it had me in real man tears at the end. It really makes me think in an eternal perspective now and not just thinking about today or tomorrow. But thinking about the eternity. A really great movie. Watch that for Family Home Evening. A great lesson on eternal families. Bring tissues.

I love you all! I am just in love with this work. I know this is all true! I really do!

Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment