Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 66 Pictures!



This week was so fun! I mean like always it is so hot, it rains a ton! and the light likes going off on a regular basis, especially at night so that we suffer more, but this week was good!

So lets start off by talking about the investigators! We have been going through a dry streak as we all know, but i am glad to say that soon, the drought will be over on Saturday! Finally we will be getting another baptism of our investigator Carlos who lived in the states for like 15 years. So through this whole process, i have been able to teach in English! Its harder than i thought it would be! haha but he talked to us on Saturday and just said that he was ready and that he wants to be baptized this Saturday at 11! And we had 5 investigators in church on Sunday and all of them liked it! I can just see all of the hard work that Elder Santacruz and i are doing every day is paying off! It is a very satisfying feeling. This whole giving salvation thing is a lot harder than i thought it would be! But liked Elder Holland said that if salvation wasn't easy for Christ, then it shouldn't be easy for us. But it is nice to know that i get to be apart of giving salvation.

Another fun thing is that once again we were out working and suddenly like a hurricane comes out of no where and we get completely soaked. But it is fun because when that happens, my companion and i just start trying to push each other into the big puddles. Everyone looks at us like we are crazy as we are just casually walking back to our apartment in the storm because we are just smiling so hard. You just gotta find the positives in all of the negatives. The only positive you cant find in the negative is when you are getting sun burnt in the scorching sun, but it makes us walk faster and we are then able to do more in every day!! There's a positive right!

What else...
For lunch today, a little abuelita invited us over for her birthday. So we are there and she literally gives us like 3 lbs of food and I'm just like oh no.... ate it. She saw something special (shout out to Joey from Friends). And when we were there her daughter was also there and she is a Jehovah Witness and so I had some genuine questions for her. She has been a member for like 20 years and the last time I saw her I was able to ask some questions about what she believed and today she had a missionary answer all of my questions. And what I learned out of it all, is that I am so glad to be a member of the TRUE Church of Jesus Christ. The gospel that we teach doesn't have any holes where as other religions do. With every question that I received I was able to answer it with a scripture and testimony and the Spirit was just so strong. We didn't contend at all because I told her at the beginning that I don't want to contend. After all today is my day off! And so I just said I will ask a question and then you can. And I just left this lesson feeling so happy. I look at my companion and he says the same thing. It was just such a great moment where I left feeling like my testimony had gotten even stronger.

I love seeing the type of person I am becoming. I love how when we put the gospel first in our lives, there are just so many blessings and life is so much better.

I love you all!
Elder Garry








No comments:

Post a Comment