Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 72 Life of a Zone Leader


This week was good but in a different way.  Like in a way that nothing bad happened so it was good. But like it kind of wasn't great so i guess it qualifies as good. So it was good!

We basically are not zone leaders, nor the young women's presidents.... but the Nursery moms who take care of the kids while everyone else gets to go and do what they want to do in church. Shout out to you guys. I have a lot more respect for what you do.

We basically just went and baby sat all week. On Tuesday, we had to go house to house asking if there are problems with the house, asking if we can do anything for them and stuff like that. I don't know what is happening down here but everyone seems to want permitrine. Its like extreme bug spray. I mean I got stung by a scorpion and lived, I think you all can too. Stop asking me for that.

Then Wednesday, we had zone interviews so we had to go and prepare the whole building for Pres. Bowler. and of course. there were problems so when Pres. Bowler got there, he let us know he was disappointed in the fact that the church wasn't ready for it all..... danger sisters in Danli A for not getting the key to us on time..... I'm not angry.

Then on Thursday, the Missionaries said that they needed help in their area, so we went and gave a big hand.

Friday was the first full day in our area.... and we literally killed it. We did like 5 lessons with a member present. low key my comp and I are killing it out here in our area when we actually get the chance to work hahah

Saturday- the other companionship of elders started to fight. I guess there were bad words beings said so we did emergency divisions to let them breath and we took advantage and made them come to our area. they weren't happy but we just said, come and they came!

Sunday- I don't know why, but people in Honduras just don't like preparing classes.... so the missionaries do it hahaha but after 6 months in Cantarranas where the members only go to warm the seats, I am prepared for anything!! It was a good class hahaha

So basically a lot of running around and helping others. But it was a great week!!! I love the helping others part. I am getting into the habit of ironing my companions shirt every morning while he is showering. it just gives you that little warm feeling in your chest.


nother cool thing that happened this week was that our investigator Sindy said that she wants to get baptized this week AND that she wants to become a missionary like us when she turns 19! it made me just smile and that warm feeling in the chest came and it just reminds you that this gospel really can change lives. i love it!! This Saturday we could have had like 6 baptisms but because 3 didn't go to church we will probably only have about 3 baptisms. but that is still great!! I'm excited!


And I know that you all get excited to hear about the fun mission stories and the miracles but i just want you all to know that I have somehow turned into a soccer beast. i made 3 people fall over playing soccer today. so after 16 months in Honduras, I officially know how to play soccer haha


I love you all!!!

Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment