Monday, February 13, 2017

Week 84

Ok this week was honestly so great!

I will start off by saying that I was feeling really tired here in the mission. Just ready for the 24 months to end and go home. So I had my interviews with President Bowler and he really helped me out. He said that now is the time to really focus on the mission because they are my last 4 months. And I will always remember my last 4 months more than any other time in my mission. If I just blow it, I will always remember that I was a bad missionary, but if I just dive right into the work, I will always have a great taste in my mouth about the mission. And then he just started telling me how much he trusts me and how much he loves me and appreciates me. He gave me the option to just train because it will help me be more excited but he said that he needs me as a zone leader right now. He just really made me feel special and appreciate and it was nice to hear it all. and now I feel so energized and ready to go and conquer the world!

Another cool thing was that the day after our interviews, we woke up and were so excited to work. Instead of just doing a prayer before we left, we really asked for guidance to know where to go and work. We were walking without plans and randomly would just knock on a door. and we did it about 10 times before we knocked on a certain door. There were kids out side and when I saw them, I saw their smiles and I thought, they must be members if they are that happy. Then I see their mom and I think, wow, I think she is a member as well. Not because I recognized them but because of their radiance and appearance. So we start talking to them and they say that missionaries have never gone to their house. That the mom hates all churches because she feels like no matter what she does, she cant be blessed. And that only the rich are blessed but the poor are never blessed. She said that God doesn’t love her, he doesn’t even know her. She was crying because of how frustrated she was with God, but Elder Flores and I were just connected that day and we both knew her medicine. We talked about the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and that he died for her as well. We talked about Job and how hard his life was and then came the blessings. We promised her that as she listened to our messages and starts going to church, she will also be able to see the blessings in her life multiply. Then he tears started to change from tears of frustration to tears of hope. She invited us back for this Saturday and said that she will be there and waiting for us at 10 in the morning.

It was so awesome. It was great how we asked for guidance and we received it. It was such a great experience

Another crazy thing happened.

There was stake conference this week and a member invited someone to the priesthood session. He went and when he was going back home, he got into a car accident and died. He was only like 19 maybe 20. I saw him every day because he lived right in front of the church and even entered to play with the jovenes. The thing that kills me the most is that every time I saw him, I wanted to talk to him. Every single time. I would see him and he would look at me and the Spirit would tell me to talk to him. I would see him many times during the day. and yet not once did I ever talk to him. Now it is too late to talk to him. Now I feel like it is my fault that he never got baptized because I denied him the opportunity. I learned that he attended seminary a few years ago. He went to church and everything. Never baptized. We could have done something but I never acted on the prompting to talk to him. It really crushes my heart and makes me really sad and full of guilt.

This week was a good one in learning experiences. Always seek the guidance of the Spirit like in the story of contacting, and also to act of the promptings of the Spirit. I will always remember these things.

I love you all

Elder Garry


Decided to get dressed up for stake conference


No comments:

Post a Comment