Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Week 98

This week was a bit frustrating because we had so many great plans but no time to do it at all. I had to run around all day on Thursday to do a bunch of interviews for baptism in an island called Amapala. It's super cool because we have to go in a boat! fun. Then on Friday in the morning I wasn't feeling well. took a nap and woke up with a 104 fever. and then my mission pres called me and told me that i wasn't allowed to work Friday nor Saturday. So we had like 3 days in the week where we did nothing.. then Sunday comes along and it just decides to rain allllll the live long day. That was frustrating. and the ground gets so hot from the sun that when it rains it like steams!! Then it just gets hotter and more humid! I don't know that San Lorenzo did to receive such a punishment from God but they need to repent and then maybe they wont be burning of heat haha

We were going to have a baptism but the girls parents are expecting like a 100% change in her but the parents don't care about her so they just yell and abuse her with words. our last lesson ther she started to cry from the things her parents were saying. and me and Pineda just called the parents out and told them that they need to stop. we could tell they got bothered but we spoke not with our words but with the spirit so it was a lot better and they didn't get to mad. But it makes me so sad how they treat this girl. and she is trying to make changes but the changes that her parents are expecting are just to make her a slave. Saying that people who serve God are servicial so she needs to do everything in the house.... and me and my comp said that they are also loving! And look at the parents with the angry eyes. its a tough case!!

This next week we are planning on her baptism and the baptism of this kid who just turned 9 and never got baptized.... it counts for the mission so its exciting for us! We have a bunch planned out and I'm excited and ready to work hard in these last 3 weeks so we can have a bunch of success!!

I love you all!!! See you in 24 days!

Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment