Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 95 Don't Want to Come Home!

This week was awesome! Today, I have news..... starting today, I can now say that next month I will be going home!!!! Isn't that just so crazy! I think I only have like 45 days or something crazy like that!!!

This week was honestly so great because I had a lot of time to reflect on how my mission has been. I got to go up in front of about half of the mission and give my "last testimony" it is for the people who are in there last transfers. and as I sat there thinking about what I was going to say, I received a confirmation that the Lord is truly proud of me and happy with what i was able to accomplish I'm my short time in the mission. I stood up with tears already in my eyes as I was going to say my testimony and advice to the mission. I made a bunch of people cry as I told the story about the young man in Danli who died in the car accident and I never contacted him. Then I talked about the importance of following the promptings of the Holy Ghost and to finish the mission with no regrets. I cried. I don't want to go home. It scares me to think that I might not have such great spiritual experiences like I do now. It makes me sad. my whole mission I have just thought about going home and now that I am on the point of going home, I just sit and think, I don't want to leave. I am happy with my mission and how it went. I know I could have been better but I know that what I am doing now, is what the Lord wants me to do.

And another cool thing is that we had interviews with Pres. Bowler, I love that guy so much. he is just so great. Well in my interview he told me that I now have permission to start thinking about things in my house. Like where to work, where to go to school, what to study, and who to marry. It was weird but I have started to pray about these things and i can really see some progress. I know that Heavenly Father wants the best for me so I know that he will guide me in the right path.

And he told us that if our zone gets 21 baptisms in the month of May, he and sister Bowler will make a great lunch and invite us to eat and buy us coca cola!! It's a big deal because this is one of the harder zones to baptize but Sister Bowler saw how many baptismal dates we have in the zone so she made this bet. and in the first week our zone only has two, us and another area but after that week we will start to just baptize like crazy in this zone!!!! I'm so excited!! I love when we have success!!

I love you so much!

Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment