Monday, June 12, 2017

Week 101 Best 2 Years

Alright, so I guess this is it, and I don't really know how to take it. For the last 2 years this has been my life and now I have to go and change my whole life in a second. It's weird but I know that I did my part for the Lord, and I know that He will do his part for me. It is all about faith.

So I guess I will just say the main thing that I have learned in my mission. And I mean there are so many different things to say, I could talk about how the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith really was a prophet, I could even mention that this is the True Church. all of which are true, but I think what I want to say more than anything, is that I know that my Redeemer really does Live. And I have had the privilege to walk side by side with Him. I realized that every time I was happy, excited, scared, sad, frustrated, or exhausted, there was the Lord with me helping me out. Every night, I would go to bed, my feet would hurt, my back would hurt, I would be so exhausted, so frustrated from the names that people screamed at me through the day, so sad because people didn't want to hear our message, and when I just didn't want to go anymore, I would try to think of the poem that Elder Duncan of the 70 read to us in the MTC saying that Jesus` hands and feet hurt too when he was crucified, that his back hurt too when he had to carry the cross up Calvary. He also heard bad things being yelled at him. and He was also rejected. I would just try to remember that I was in good company and that if He could do it, I could too. I know that He was there for me in the hardest of times. Even Christ didn't want to keep going in the Atonement as his whole body ached as he was suffering for our sins. I would remember that and think, if He can do it, I can do it. He has been my biggest example and my best friend during this crazy mission.

I testify that He lives. and because He lives, we can too. We have a Heavenly Father who loves us, and cares for us. He hears our prayers. I love this gospel. If we let the gospel change us, we will become the people that our Heavenly Father wishes we become.

Thank you all for being apart of my crazy Honduran adventure. Listening to me complain and praying for me when I needed it most.

I love you all and I will see you in a little bit.

For the last time,

Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment