Thursday, June 15, 2017

When it began. Letter Home

I'm not really sure how to start this letter.  It is P-Day and I finished emailing you like 3 hours ago or something. Who's counting? I just told you guys to send me a letter so it only seems appropriate that I send you one too, You guys don't even comprehend how much I miss you all! I'm just a boy going off into the big scary world by myself with people I don't know for 2 years. I'm so scared. We had a devotional and a doctor came and gave a 2 hour lesson on how to stay safe and not die from a random disease. There's basically a 100% chance that I will be sick for over a month with some crazy disease from just drinking water, eating food, or from the bugs. Why the heck am I here?! People leave every week. Every week I think to myself, is this my week? Should I go home? and then I remember why I am here. People need ME. They don't need a different missionary, they need Jonothon Richard Garry. I cannot leave and I will not leave. This is going to be the hardest thing I will ever do, but it will also be the best thing I ever do and the thing that makes me the happiest. If I didn't absolutely know that this was the true church of Jesus Christ, I wouldn't be here at all. I love you and miss you but unfortunately you will have to wait the full 2 years to come and see me again. By then, I will no longer be a boy I will be a man. I will be an adult and a leader. I will be fluent in Spanish and able to answer doctrinal questions thrown at me in 2 languages. I am excited for my mission. 2 years is a long time but I'm in it for the long haul. 2 years will end eventually and when it does I won't want to leave at all. I'm excited to get to that point because that is when I will become the best missionary possible. I love you all very much. I pray for you every night. Keep me in your prayers and seriously pray that I can learn this language! It's tough but I can do it. Hasta Luego!!

No comments:

Post a Comment