Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 40

So what a week!!!  Let me just tell you how fast this week went by.  Maybe because my companion was sick and we didn't leave the house starting on Thursday.  This kid has something strong haha he had to get tested for dengue and it came back positive.  With dengue it literally is a week free card.  You just need to tell the District Leader and he is like ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I understand.  Have fun suffering and dying.  My companion and I just kept playing "what if".  The best was what if I turn into a zombie and try to eat you.  And that just turned into an on going joke that we had.  I told him I would kill him out of self defense.  And it would be worth it because there is a rule that if the companion of a missionary dies, the other one gets to go home with honor.  So if he died I could go home haha  I'm not sure if the rule changes if I were the one to kill him but I think if hes a zombie it would be a special case and I would just head on home.

I mean that was almost all we did.  That and my favorite member, and when I say favorite I mean my least favorite, kept calling us and asking why we couldn't leave and work with him.  I guess the word dengue doesn't mean much.  So we finally called him and told him we could leave on Saturday night, and he canceled on us without calling us on time so we showed up to this appt and it was crazy.  It was like a bunch of 16 year olds and they were just flirting it up with us.  And as a missionary that is uncomfortable.  I guess there is a setting on our pone to call ourselves so as I'm talking with them I see that my companion is doing something on the phone.  Suddenly the phone rings and he gets up, tells me its urgent and we gotta go.  My companion is so smart haha we will not got back to that house without a member because those girls were so giggly and flirty and crazy.  But I mean when two guapitos walk in, how can you not be like that?

Something fun this week was on Wednesday, we had planned to go to an área a little far.  So we hop on a bus at 2 and the driver says we will leave at 2 30.  We are okay and then 2 30 comes and he says that we wont leave until 3.  Then 3 30 then 4.  We were literally waiting for 2 hours on a bus.  But it gets better.  We start to leave and were rolling and suddenly.......... the bus breaks down in the middle of no where.  Everyone on the bus hops in the back of a pick up truck and off they go.  We are not allowed to like hitch hike so we walked... on the freeway for 2 hours to get back..... and it was super hot.  We got back at like 6! Had time to go to dinner and then teach like one lesson.  How fun.

But here is a fun highlight.  I got to play basketball with the zone and with my old zone!! I saw all of my old pals!  And in the game I was on a fast break and I dunked it! It was pretty legendary.  Only the gringos appreciated basketball.  Everyone else kind of complained and went to go play soccer outside.  I loved this p day!

I love you all!!  Maybe next week I will have something fun and exciting related to teaching happen haha
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment