Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 42 Drama

First things first this week was just full of twists and drama.  It was thrilling to say the least.  So lets begin.

Lets talk about us working before the drama to build the anticipation!!
So you know we talked to some people... we taught some people.  Normal.  I wouldn't say that we found anyone fantastic but we did find some good people who could progress.  We did a lot of contacting this week just to find some people to teach because right now our teaching pool is like 3.  It is getting tough.  But we did have a really cool activity within the entire stake.  60 people showed up to go and contact in Jacaleapa because we want to make them a branch.  So we went and we were contacting and we all found a total of 35 people who are actually pretty positive.  And it counts as our area so we have a total of 35 people we need to contact this week!!  And they are all supposedly very positive!!  So I mean that could mean a lot of success and baptisms we could be having here!!!  I'm very excited to work this week and see what all happens!.

Are you now ready for the drama!?!?  Let's just dive right in. So it all started yesterday at 5:30 pm. We received a phone call from our zone leaders and they were like "what are you doing right now!?" and we were like well we just came back to the house to go to the bathroom.  And then my zl asks to speak to me.  And so I was like what the heck!  They are sending me home. What did i do???  So then he starts asking me questions like "how are you guys doing??? like are you being exactly obedient??" I was like yeah we are great.  We get along well. We work hard.  I thought he was just asking because we haven't had very many investigators recently.  Then he goes on to ask me about my companion Elder Juarez.  He says that recently they have been getting a lot of complaints that he has been flirting with the young women.  Then I realized he wanted to talk to me so that my comp didn't know and we were speaking English.  Then I was saying that we literally never visit the young women.  There is only one that we visit and it is because her family gives us dinner on Tuesdays.  So I explained it all and he was like "are you sure elder??? You can tell me!"  And I said I was sure.  Then he said "and we also have gotten complaints that he has been saying a lot of bad words"  I just laughed and said that even if he was I wouldn't know because I don't know the bad words.  Then he said what they were and I was like I didn't even know those were bad!!!  So I said that yeah he says them sometimes but just with me and never with members or investigators.  And he was like "okay I understand.  Is there anything you would like to confess to me then???"  And I was like "Elder I don't know what you have heard or who told you but I promise you we are working hard and not doing any of those things."  He said okay thanks and hung up.

Fast forward now to dinner that night with this family.  He and his entire family went off and started saying that the way that my companion acts and speaks is terrible for a missionary.  I was like ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I know where all of this came from now.  So yeah then we went home.
Lets go ahead and fast forward AGAIN.  To today in the morning.  We are talking with the zone leaders again at the activity and he tells me "Elder Garry, I just want to say that we spoke to the family after we called you and asked directly for examples.  And he couldn't give us a single one.  So we believe you guys 100% and don't worry about what happened."

I wrote President Bowler and told him everything so I'm sure everything will be all good and dandy now.

fun week!!!!!!!!
I love you all so much!
Elder Garry





No comments:

Post a Comment