Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 41

This week was a lot like the last one.  So as I said last week,  Elder Juarez was sick and so we weren't able to do very much last week.  Then this week I was sick.  I don't even know what I had.  It was like a cold on steroids with body aches and headaches.  Our nurse just basically told me to rest and take tylenol.  So from Thursday until like Saturday that was basically the life.  A lot of rest and not a lot of working.

So it has been like 2 weeks of nothing because of our sicknesses.  It sucks because you get used to doing nothing and all you want to do is be lazy but lazy isn't something you can be in the mission. We had a ton of investigators with a baptismal date but because I was sick, we weren't able to visit them this week and because of that no one went to church this week.  So we had no investigators in the church, and all of their baptismal dates fell through because they didn't go to church.  Kind of a bummer but this week we will actually start to work and get some stuff done.

On the bright side!!  We had been working with a less active family.  The family consists of a mom dad and a daughter.  The parents had already been baptized and we had assumed that the daughter as well because she was 8 and just turned 9, 2 weeks ago.  Turns out that she was never baptized and because she was 9 she counted as our baptism.  So Saturday we had a baptism hahaha and through her baptism the whole family got activated again in the church.  They had a problem with the bishop and didn't want to go back but because the niña got baptized they all went to church and are reading their scriptures together and praying every night.  The dad now goes to church with a suit and tie.  He was even able to help give her the Holy Ghost!!  He was all smiley and happy and just full of the Holy Spirit!  So good to see!!!

I mean that was about it.  OH!!!!! and this week I found all of the Dragon Ball Z tazos!!!!!!!!  There are 130 and I have all 130!!  There are 100 normal and 30 shiney and this week I found the last shiney one and now I am the only missionary in all the land to have all the tazos!!  You can call me a niño but I dont care.  I'm proud of myself! I'm proud of my diligence! hahaha

I love you all!!!
Elder Garry





No comments:

Post a Comment