Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Week 39 New Companion and Conference

So this week was a LONG one!!  It was full of transfers, and general conference and I just feel like it should have ended like a month ago!
But it was a good one.  So lets get started......

So my new companion is Elder Juarez from El Salvador.  He has 22 months....... so I think I will be the one to finish him off.  He comes from the South in Choluteca and just talks about how hot it was and how happy he is to be here.  I guess he was already in this zone and was so excited to be back.  He already knows where everything is at and how to get there so it is cool that I don't have to like drag him around and teach him where everything is.  He is a great teacher!!  Like excellent.  The only problem is that he LOVES to teach.  So I have to fight to get a word in haha he just wants them to be on the same page as he is.  So to teach the Priesthood he would teach the entire life of Jesus Christ, The apostasy, Joseph Smith, just to answer a small question.  All while I am chillin on the couch waiting for my turn to speak haha I get to rest a lot more though so that's cool. He is the first companion that wants to speak since Elder Reinoso.  Everyone else just chilled so I had to teach everything so I guess now it is my turn to chill out.  But I love him.  He's funny and super willing to go work.  We found a ton of new people to teach this week and we have a lot of great investigators.

This conference was a really good one!!  We watch every session so Saturday and Sunday were like mini vacations where we just chilled and bought snacks and watched conference.  I watched it with the Gringos in English until the last session.  I watched that one in Spanish.  I still understood everything though!  Gift of Tongues.  Even though Pres.Monson didn't speak very much, what he said on Sunday was so inspiring.  The quote "The decisions that you make today, will determine your future".  That one was so awesome.  It is so true.  SO many people have addictions and problems and they all come from one decision.  We all just think in the now.  When we make a decision we have to think about how it could affect us in a week or a month or even a year.  So I will apply that to my life and will just see the blessings that come from it.

Just a good week.  It was really really long.  None of our investigators went to conference.  So tonight and tomorrow we are ready to go and shave them all.  It is frustrating when we have like 10 people but none want to put there part.  I imagine that we might be dropping a few people and just working to go and find new ones!

I love you all
Elder Garry





Jon's Birthday Cake... Chocolate on chocolate. 
And his favorite family Erica and Samuel

No comments:

Post a Comment