Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 38 Semana Santa

So this was a special kind of week.  A long one at that.  Still good.  It had its ups and downs and full of information and drama!  Let us begin!

This week was so so so so so boring!!  It was Semana Santa this week.  It is a catholic thing and everyone just takes advantage of it and leaves on vacation.  And when I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE.  Like there was not one soul in my area.  We literally talked to everyone we found in the street this whole week and we talked to a total of 90 people.  That means about 13 people a day.  That was my kind of week haha.  We did not enter one house to get a lesson this week.  We did visit 1 investigator and it was right before she was about to leave for vacation.  So we basically said hi as she said bye haha  We basically found the members that didn't leave and piled at their houses all week.  We spent 5 hours with one family just talking.  Normally I would be like ugghhh we gotta go do something, but this was the only thing we could do without burning in the street alone.  I have a fun picture of one of the busiest roads in all of Danli and there is not one soul in that picture.  It was incredible.  We did not eat because there were no restaurants open.  Except for Pizza Hut.  So we did eat pizza hut one time.

What else.  So the members are going crazy.  In a good way.  They all got super motivated to work with us.  All I'm saying is that i gave a talk on missionary work yesterday and now all they want to do is work with us.  I'm not saying that I'm the reason but you already know! so yeah.  yesterday night we had a 2 hour meeting with the ward mission leaders and the bishop about ideas and the investigators and what we can do to have baptisms.  They said that they are super excited because Elder Solis and I had baptisms in the area for the first time since August.  And the dude that got baptized is already inactive.  So now they just want to work and work and work!  So I'm super excited to work with them.

Another bit of information is that Elder Solis has transfers! So he is out and headed to Teguc!  I'm sad because he might have been my favorite companion but my new companion who is coming is said to be just as cool!  His name is Elder Guarez from El Salvador!  So that will put my list of countries that my companions come from to: Guatemala, Mexico, Columbia, Nicaragua, and El Salvador!  I'm trying to hit every country from Central America haha  I still need Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama and Belize (but they speak English so they don't count).

So over all a fun week.  We kind of piled around and didn't do anything.  I'm ready to get back in action and start teaching again!

I love you all
Elder Garry




This is my name that I wrote on the big cross in Danli.  
That is a real fish with real bones that I ate.  I did not like it.  The little bones are invisible and broke really bad.  I looked at it and I was like "hermana, the truth is I have no idea how to eat this" then she taught me haha
Then that is the road completely emply.  

No comments:

Post a Comment