Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 37


What a week. I'm telling you that every week is faster and faster than the last one.
So this week was good. My companion and I are just doing work out here.
Some of the highlights.....

So we went to visit an investigator of ours on Tuesday and we knocked on the door and there were a pack of niƱos at the door. We asked if Leticia was there and half said yes and the other half said no. So we asked if they could go and ask the mom if she was home haha they came back and one said that she was there and the other smacked her and said "noooo she said she isn't home!!" So we were like ugghhhhh we just lost an investigator. She was super positive too so we were way bumed out. Fast forward to Thursday. My birthday. We planned to go make a cake with another investigator and he couldn't do it. I was way ticked. I wanted cake. But we were like ugh now what do we do. So we sat down in the shade, because it was extremely hot, and thought for a minute and we both felt like we should go visit Leticia again. So we went. And she was there and let us in. We were talking and talking and finally we just asked her straight up if she has prayed yet to know if our message is true. She was like wellll what do you guys think. Out of faith I just said yes! And she said "yeah I prayed". but the way she said it was super negative. And I was like ugh she didn't get an answer. So we asked if she felt like she got an answer and she tells us, "so I prayed and afterwards I sat and thought and I felt SUPER good. I felt only peace and happiness. So I feel ready to be baptized"......... we literally just sat there with out mouths open. I looked at Elder Solis and he at me and we just smiled and were like uhhhhh that's great!!! So we put a baptismal date for the 9 of April!!! How cool. We thought she was ignoring us and turns out she wants to get baptized!! So that was a Birthday miracle.


Speaking of Birthday. Apparently im 19 now. I don't feel it. 19 is for big kids on missions. I feel like I'm still in 5th grade waiting to go to recess haha It didn't even feel like my birthday. I just woke up. Went to district meeting. They all sang to me. I got some candy from my District leader. Then we all went out to pizza and Elder Pickron and I split a huuuge pizza and we ate it all. It was a solid day. Then the birthday miracle of Leticia. We worked some more. It was just another normal day at work. Then at night we made a cake with The family Salinas!! They are my favorite family. When we go there we have to watch the time because we could easily spend all day at that house. I do have photos of the cake. It turned out super great. It was just a box of cake mix but when you go 8 months without cake, that cake looks like the ones they sell on Cake Boss.


What else what else. Oh yesterday we didn't go to church. We decided to become inactives. No but the reason is because that night I woke up at like 1 and had to go throw up. I don't know why. I didn't eat anything bad. My companion wasn't sick. But I was up all night throwing up. The worst part is that our house doesn't have running water so I was up throwing up then running out side to our little Pila which is just a big bucket of water. I filled a little bucket of water up and then used it to flush the toilet. I did that 3 times haha I didnt sleep at all that night. And today I didn't sleep at all either. Pretty sure I have insomnia.


But that was basically my week. This week will be tough. It is the biggest week to do vacations and everyone leaves to go on vacation. So this week we will do nothing but we still gotta work. Maybe we will fill time and climb a mountain or something. We shall see.


I love you all so much!!
Elder Garry






No comments:

Post a Comment