Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 36 Another baptism

What a great week!! We worked hard again! It is getting closer and closer to semana santa and we are just dying out in the sun but we still out here grinding! Here are some of the highlights....

We have to start off with how this week started. So Juan Jose who got baptized didn't come to church again so I am afraid that we will have to baptize him again. After a few weeks without receiving the Holy Ghost, we have to do it again... so fingers crossed this dude shows up this Sunday. If not I am still counting him as my baptism. No me importa quien lo hace. ( I don't care who does it)

We gave a lesson to a witch!! Thats always exciting haha She has like garlic cloves above the door and deflated baloons all throughout the house. She has orange hair and terrible makeup. BUT SHE WANTS TO GET BAPTIZED! We only went because the members are mad at us because we haven't baptized her but it is because they don't know she is a witch! My companion one time went to her house and when he walked in she got up super quick and grabbed a rag doll from off the table and never came back. That was all before I came though so I really don't know. When we were teaching her she was like a golden investigator. Like "ohhhhh I KNOW that Joseph Smith was a prophet" "I can not even leave my room without reading the scriptures and saying my prayers first in the morning!" She seems perfect but she is a low key witch. When we were teaching the restoration to her she looked zoned out. Then randomly jumps in with some comment. And when I started to teach the first vision she got up and left. But I said yeet boi. And called her back in haha. She and her daughter want to get baptized so bad. I think we could baptized the daughter but her..... no se. We actually called Pres. Bowler to talk to him about it and he said we could do it if she legitimately wants to get baptized and will no longer be a witch. This Wednesday we are about to go back but we are bringing the old Stake Pres with us so she doesn't do any spells on us. But to inform you all, she has no black cat. No flying broom, and her nose is a normal size. Also she is not green.

What else. Oh I know.. we got a dunk again!! His name is Marlon and after about a month of fighting to get him baptized he did it and was soooo happy!! He was super nervous but afterwards was so happy and so ready to get the Holy Ghost afterwards. Then on Sunday he was confirmed and received the Priesthood!! He is a priest!!! MY little buddy is a Priest!!! I have photos. just wait please haha he was even asking about when he could get "ordained to a missionary" so he could leave and start teaching with us haha this guy is incredible! He wants to be a missionary and have the Melc. Priesthood! Hes just ready to be a great worthy young man!!

What else. no scorpions. no crazy parasites. everything is good. I'm eating a lot. I still have candy from your package! My companion and I really appreciate that haha I think that is all of the fun and exciting things that happened from this week.

I love you all so much
Elder Garry






                                                          The girls did his hair haha
Jon writes:
The little one that is on my neck has the cutest face ever and is always asking me to hold her and I can't but I want to love her forever and ever and take her home haha
The littlest one is named Genesis.  Then the one I love is Daniela but I just call her catrachita which is like the word for gringo but for Hondurans, and the older girl is Gabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment