Monday, March 7, 2016

8 months and photos!

So this was a good week! It went by so fast!
So some of the highlights of this week...

The first was that on Thursday we got to listen to a member of the 70 speak, Elder Alonso. He literally just told us all that we are terrible missionaries so you can imagine how that went. I almost didn't like it but then i realized that I am not allowed to be angry at a member of the 70 so I had to humble myself and learn what I need to know to not be a sucky missionary. But I did learn quite a bit of things. Like the story of the Good Samaritan has nothing to do with being kind to people but that it is a story about the atonement. Like the thieves are sin, we are the dying Levite in the street. The first guy that came was a priest that represented the law of Moses and how the Law of Moses cant save us in our sin. And the other guy was a representation of the Melchizedek Priesthood and how that also cannot save us and give us salvation. But not until Jesus comes. A Samaritan. Someone that no one expected to come and save us. He comes and gives us oil, which represents the atonement, and wine, which represents the crucifixion. Then he took the guy to the inn which is the church so that he can go and talk to the inn keeper who is the bishop and then he can be healed. It was super cool how he drew it out and explained every detail. It all made sense. Afterwords some were saying how they didn't learn anything and I was like "what do you mean! I learned a lot!"  and it is true. Sometimes we need to hop off of our high horse and accept the things that were being said.  He was sent by President Monson to come and speak to us so it had to be important! Very cool.


Another highlight is that we had a baptism on Saturday. His name is Juan Jose. And to my surprise he chose me to do it even though he had known Elder Solis since November. It was really cool. After we did the baptism and we were in there changing he told me that he wanted to cry as soon as he left the water. He said that never in all his life had he felt so good. So clean and so at peace. It was a very fun moment. The baptisms always make all of the hard work worth it in the end. And we have another baptism this Saturday and then another the week after. I want to plan to have a baptism every week so that we are constantly in the font.


So every day is getting hotter and hotter and hotter. Semana Santa is coming. It is the hottest part of the year. I am just dying every day. Yesterday we had to walk for like an hour to go and drop off oil to this guy to lent us his oil to give a blessing and I was like crawling I was so tired and so hot. It will just keep getting hotter too. And will stay hot until November.... I just might die here in Honduras. But at least I will go straight to Heaven. Missionary Perks right?


So overall this was a good week. I think I am slowly getting addicted to Coca Cola and I'm okay with that. I drink about 3 liters of water every day because it is so hot and I am eating good. Life is good and I will have 8 months tomorrow!!! Ya me voy! mas o menos. Un dia... creo....
I love you all so so so so so much!

Elder Garry










No comments:

Post a Comment