Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Week 34

So this was another super fast week! We were occupied with divisions, interviews, and Stake Conference.  Every week is just going by faster and faster.  The days feel long and the weeks fly by. And this week will be another super fast one because we get to go and listen to a member of the 70, Elder Alonzo, on Thursday.

So let me just talk about divisions real quick.  Our District Leader and the kid he is training aren't the sharpest knives in the crayon box.  We did the divisions on Thursday and we showed up and they were both super excited to do divisions like they had this whole day planned out and it should have been magnificent.  I even saw their agendas and it was full of investigators and members to visit too.  Let me just say that in the whole day of divisions, I entered 2 houses.  I went with the guy in training and he doesn't even know his area yet so we literally walked around and around and around trying to find the houses of the investigators and members.  After about 2 hours of being lost I finally just told him that we are wasting time so lets just contact.  We contacted the whole day.  And he was like afraid to do it so I had to lead every contact.  Then he just sat there and fought with each person about Joseph Smith.  After the day he was so proud of himself for the "great" day that we had.  I asked my companion and he said that he did about the same with the District Leader.  It was a huge waste of the day.  In 24 hours we taught 1 lesson and visited 2 members.  The DL was praising us for contacting so much.  So then my companion asked why he was so happy.  We all just wasted a whole day of working so that you could talk to people in the street and hand out little pictures of Jesus.  And then we hit the tag team and we both started to tell them that if you want success, you have to teach.  It was a really long day filled with nothing.  And rain!

But the interviews were sick!!  I love talking to President Bowler so much!  I respect that guy like no other.  In our interview he told me I was living the perfect mission!  That made me feel pretty well.  He told me that he remembers when I came and how timid I was and nervous I was and now I speak well, I'm a good teacher, and I work hard!  That made me feel so good!!  In the interviews we played Family Feud while waiting and I translated for Hermana Bowler.  Straight up killed it!!  And the game was way fun.  Because I was translating, I was like the game host and in charge of the points and everything.  It was just a fun time.

Then stake conference was fun too.  Elder Alonzo came and basically just wrecked every member that was there.  He was talking about how they are all future inactives if they stay how they are.  And how the inactives are all petty.  He asked someone in the congregation for a marker and 2 hands went up with markers and he took one and in the microphone in front of everyone said "now just because I chose his marker and not yours doesn't mean you will go inactive right?"  I mean he was just wrecking everyone.  I really liked it to be honest.  As a missionary we have to be all loving and ohhhh I know its not your fault your inactive.  But he just went hard core and just destroyed these people. haha  but he was hilarious while doing it so I thoroughly enjoyed that day.

So we have two baptisms for this Saturday because none of our baptisms worked for the Saturday past.  We had one of the people ask to be baptized on Saturday but he didn't have his interview and when he asked it was Saturday so we didn't have time to prepare for it haha but it will happen this week!!

I love you all so much!
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment