Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 43 Jacaleapa

Hello!
So this week was a really good week!  It didn't have any fun drama, just a good week with hard work and success!
Let us begin...

So we had another zone conference where President Bowler came and taught us some things and gave some talks.  It was really good.  We learned how to do another way to contact.  We learned about dropping investigators for their good and because it is a waste of time for us.  We actually did it with an investigator named Leticia.  She was my birthday miracle that said she wanted to get baptized.  and after all of this time, never went to church.  Turns out that the reason why is because she now has a boyfriend and doesn't want to change her life.  She just wants to be a party animal I guess.  But anyways, the conference was really good. I left feeling like I only wanted to preach the gospel.  I had no desire to do anything else, but be the best misionary i could be.  It was a great feeling.

What else.  So we have an area called Jacaleapa.  It is a little place like 30 minutes out.  Normally there has always been missionaries there but when I got to this area, they took them out.  So we are now in charge.  About 2 weeks ago, we did a stake activity there and we received 38 references.  Like super positive references.  We spent all day on Thursday and yesterday after church contacting the references.  I seriously feel like there could be like 20 baptisms in that one area.  The goal is to put a branch there because it is too hard for the members and investigators to go to church because it is about 15 minutes out on bus and 3 hours out on foot.  So now we go there a lot to contact the area and teach.  We have contacted 16 of the references and 14 actually want us to keep teaching them.  If I wasn't there, I wouldn't believe it.  I love that area now.  We did divisions there with our ward mission leaders and after the day they just were praising us about how great we are.  And then they went on to say that they had heard some things about my companion and now they don't believe any of it and will now fight for him. So now we have two of the most respected people in the entire stake on our side if someone starts saying stuff.

Over all, just a good week.  I feel so excited to go and work.  I love you all so much!
Elder Garry








No comments:

Post a Comment