Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 45 New Comp & Sunburns

So another week has went by!  I think I only have like 7 weeks until a year in the mission!!!  Look at ya boy!

But this week was definitely different.  So Elder Juarez had transfers randomly so he is now in Tegucigalpa.  He loves it because he can buy all of his little knick knacks before he goes home.  So he left and my new companion is Elder Martinez from Nicaragua.  He has 6 months in the mission. He is still new.  Like so new it hurts me.  I hope I didn't act like him when I had 6 months hahaha.  He is different though.  I can already tell that I will learn patience with him.  Mostly because the first thing that asked me was if I was a patient person.  Yep, he asked that before my name hahaha.  I was like "ohhhhhhh noooooo......".  and I know exactly why he asked me that.  This guy is crazy!!  He is a full 20 years old and still acts like he is 14.  But he is super excited to work and to find some new people so that is great!!  Especially since my last two companions weren't the most "motivated".  Our first day we went and dropped off the bags and then he was like alright lets go! So we left and we only contacted the entire day.  We didn't visit any investigators, we didn't visit any members, we only knocked on doors.  And it is what we did the day after  and the day after  and the day after and probably this whole change.
         
But yesterday I sat him down and I went papa on him and explained some things.  I guess he has only been with people that ONLY contacted.  They only focus in the numbers and because of that he is so worried about having numbers.  I told him that we are working hard to find souls and not to have numbers.  I also told him that he needs to calm down and kind of act his age.  But since that day we have actually gotten  along really well.  I can tell that he and I will actually work REALLY well together and I am actually really excited to be with him.
         
I was praying all this week to know what to say and I was definitely blessed.  The spirit was really strong and he didn't take any of it as an insult but took it as advice.  He is a good guy!

What else.  So we actually found some really good people.  Some people that have read the entire Book of Mormon.  They have gone to church a bunch.  They have a ton of family that are members. And we have appts with them this week so I am excited to work with them this week and to not contact as much!!!  Let me just say that it was VERY hot this week and I got very sunburned from being in the street hahaha  also we gave service for 7 hours in the morning on Saturday.  They all said I looked like a shrimp because I was so pink haha. We literally mowed a ridge around a hospital with machetes and rakes!!!!  I've got some nice blisters!! hahaha  But that night we celebrated with the most awesome church activity I have ever seen!!!  The church hired a professional dance team!!! They came and did some cool native dances and even had like those giant doll people things and those were dancing too!!  I was so tired that I almost slept through the entire thing though.  It was funny to see all of the elders in the back almost passed out hahaha  We are working hard here in Danli!!!  We brought 5 investigators to the activity as well!!!  It was awesome!  And then at church we had 4 investigators with us!!!

This week was just a week of hard work and hot sun!! But it was worth it!

I love you all!
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment