Monday, May 9, 2016

10 Months!!

Hey what is good in the hood!!!
So I already told the family what happened in my week but I know that the rest of you are just dying to know how Elder Garry is doing down here in the 504.  That's the area code.
So let us begin:

So really just one fun story.  Our house never has running water.  But every once and a while in the morning the water turns on.  So what we do is just leave the faucet on so that when the water comes, we know.  So it is what we did.  Usually if it is past like 8 30 the water just wont come.  So that day we also had district meeting.  So we are waiting for the water and it never comes.  So we finally shower with freezing cold water from a bucket.... yay!  and then we leave to go to district meeting. We are there.  We are learning.  Great.  Then we go to eat.  Great.  Then we come back home.  Not great... we live upstairs.  The downstairs was just super wet.  And the stairs to go up where also wet. The hall was wet.  We open the door to our house and in every part of the house was just full of water. There as like a solid inch of water in every part of the house.  So we go to the bathroom to look and when we opened the door, the water just rushed out like a flood.  Turns out that the water came at like 10 and that it just ran and ran and ran.  So we spent the rest of the day cleaning the house out of water.  It was terrible.  My companion just looked at me and said "well we can either be upset, or we can laugh about it."  So we just looked and started laughing and crying a bit hahaha I guess we even flooded our neighbors house and ruined some of his stuff. He was nice about it and even offered us some mango. Honduras!

And the transfers have come out!!!  My companion asked President Bowler himself if he could have his last transfer with me and he said yes.  Then today he called us and said that my companion was actually going to go to Teguc.  So i am going to get a new companion on Wednesday.  He is named Elder Martinez from I have no idea.  I guess he is new.  So I am the senior companion now! Responsibilities! haha ha ha... but it is all good!!  I am always excited for the new companions because I always learn something new from them!  I am sure that he and I will get along great!  And Elder Anderson will be in my district now!  So that means that 2 of my best friends from the mtc will now be in my zone!

Other than that the week was very normal.  We went to work and didn't have as much success as we had hoped.  We had big plans for Saturday in Jacaleapa but there was literally a town meeting for like 5 hours so the entire time we were there, everyone was gone.  So we just tried to contact everyone we saw.  But this week will for sure be better!!

I love you all!
have a great week!
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment