Monday, May 23, 2016

Week 46 District Leader

So this week was one of the biggest in the mission for me hahaha lots of hard work and a curve ball added in calls for a fun email!!
Let us begin....

So I have kind of figured out my companion.. like more or less... just a bit.  He is like a bipolar hypocrite hahaha he will randomly have huge spurts of "I wanna work!!" and then be in the street like "Elder, I dont want to do ANYTHING right now".  Then he will sometimes be like "Elder we need to be the most obedient in the entire mission if we want blessings!!" Then I will find him asleep during his study time.  So I just kind of let him talk and just let it go in one ear and out the other haha he is really great! Like a good teacher, he can be fun!  It is just the little stuff he does.  But I pray every night and we get better and better every day!! We get a long fine though!! And I enjoy being with him.  He helps me and I help him so it's a win win!!

Also this week we had a lot of luck with the investigators!  We found a guy that is in 4th Nephi in the Book of Mormon.  He got it as a gift a while back and has just be steady reading.  He was never an investigator of the missionaries though!!  The only bad part is that his dad is a pastor but he told us that if he gets an answer to his prayer, he will be baptized!  And we worked and found some even more people who are solid.  We have 4 people who are really positive with a baptismal date. And even more that we will put a date this week.  I mean I know that we are doing something good because we had 9 investigators in the church yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have never had so many!!  My whole district had 17 together and we had 9 of them!!  It was incredible!! and they are so great and only a few are kind of iffy.  I'm way excited to work this week with those people!!

What else.  My whole zone had some crazy changes.  Like the whole zone except me and my companion and the zone leaders had like emergency transfers within the zone.  So my district leader left and went to another area.  His old companion is training now.  Then a ton of other people got moved around too.  I didn't know any of this until Elder Pickron called me screaming with the news haha his companion got moved to the office to be in charge of immigration and so now he is senior comp and was so excited.  He called and said that my District leader moved to his area and now is the district leader out there.  So I was like what the heck "who is my district leader" and he was like "you really dont know? You are!!!"
So after about 5 days as senior companion I just got moved to disctrict leader hahaha
That is basically like a regular missionary just with more responsibility, If there is a problem in the district it is my fault, I teach a class every Thursday, and less sleep haha.  Like last night I had to call for the stats of all of the missionaries in my district and I was up for so long adding numbers and calling the zone leaders haha

So in summary
We are teaching like crazy,
and I am now a District Leader who doesn't get to sleep
Good times in Honduras!
The Church is true!
Elder Garry




No comments:

Post a Comment