Monday, June 6, 2016

Week 48 Ticks and what nots

This week was good but a bit crazy!  But it was full of success so that is always a win!

So as you all know, I went to the water falls last week.  We were literally in the jungle climbing a mountain to find monkeys and see some cool waterfalls.  We were climbing trees and falling over in mud and everything.  So just keep that in find as I go along with this next story.  So this whole week was just tough.  I had parasites, and the medicine was just wrecking my stomach.  I was like sickly the whole week for that but now I finished the pills and I should be clean.  And then I noticed that every once and a while, I would get these weird like vibrations in my heart.  It was weird and I was just ignoring it.  Then on Wednesday I was like okay this is getting a bit ridiculous so i called the nurse and she was like oh don't worry your just stressed and I was like nope I am perfectly fine. and she was like no you are just stressed and I told her again, no I am fine.  And she just insisted on it and I was like NO I AM HAPPY!  and she was like okay well tomorrow (Thursday) Pres. Bowler and Sister Bowler will be at your district meeting so just talk to them when you are there.  I was talking to them all day and Sister Bowler was like I just don't understand what you have.  She checked my pulse and everything and no problems.  So she set an appt in Teguc for today.  So I was just like in the mind set of im going to die.  Also, side note, I didn't have any water this whole week.  I have gotten to bathe twice this week.  So on Friday, I finally rolled into the shower.  It was raining so I scraped enough water from the pila and the rain water to go ahead and bathe myself.  While showering, I found a tick on my thigh!!  And I realized that it had been there since Monday!  So I pulled that off real quick called the nurse and she was like "OH I think that is why you felt so sick!"  And since Friday I haven't had any heart problems nor felt sick!!  So, I am not dead, nor am I dying now!

Lets talk about the work this week!  So we had planned on having like 6 baptisms for this Saturday and they all might have just fallen.  No one went to the church yesterday and all of the niños that we were going to baptize want to do it in July for some reason.  I wont fight with them about it haha  but we found 9 new investigators for this week!  And they are all so positive.  Like excellent!  We were able to teach them all and they loved the lessons!  And the best part of it all is that yesterday when I was giving the weekly numbers, the leaders got angry because we didn't meet the goal of contacting. And so I taught them a little lesson on the phone. I was like why do we contact? To find people to baptize.  And I was like and what is the goal for finding people every week? And they said 8.  And I was like then why are you mad at me for using my time more efficiently than you?  I just think that this mission is like a little backwards.  All they want are numbers and they don't focus in the people that we are actually teaching and helping.  But it was a great week for us really.  I really feel great about the lessons that we had and all of the new people that we found.  We were even able to go and visit a lot of the investigators with members and they now all have friends.  We even found our investigators in the street days after and they would call us over and ask to talk to us!!  They weren't even scared to do it in front of their friends!  It was just so great!  I love my investigators.  They all are starting to give us food and everything!

AND the fun story of the week!!
So last night I was talking to my comp and I was like we need like 2 more contacts in the street to meet the goal for the day and it was like 9 so i just said lets do it real quick and then go to the house. So we contact one person and then move on.  They didn't want anything.  And then we see this chick who looked like a hooker.  and I was laughing and joking to my companion like hey lets go contact her with the law of chastity and he was like NOOOO!!  But they she came up to us!! And was like "heeeyyyy do you cute boys know where the town San Miguel is??" And I was like no.  And she was like okay that's fine and left.  then suddenly this pick up truck comes zooming at us in reverse.  and then this dude just starts screaming at us in English like "heeyy what the, you got a problem bro? what the" and i thought I knew him so I started screaming back like "nahhhh bro!! you got a problem though" and then I see that I don't know him and I was like oh shoot!!  And he is like "that's my girlfriend!! go get your own" and then more curse words.  And I just start laughing and I was like nahh dude she came to talk to us!! And then he just zoomed off.  I was laughing so hard from it all and my companion was like shaking in his boots!!  I love Honduras.

So I mean, over all this week was great!!  We found a ton of great people, and taught a TON of lessons.  I mean it was just so great.  I feel so content with this week!!  I taught some lessons, found some great people, almost got into a fight.  I mean what else do you ask for!

I love you all!
Elder Garry






The littlest one is Natalie.  I will probably come back to marry her when she is not 5 years old.  I just love her so much!  And then the other niña is Gabby!  She is hilarious!!!  She always has the best stories.  And then the lady is Mirium and I called her over to take a picture cuz I wanna baptize her but she doesn't want to go to church so I am trying to become friends with her so she wants to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment