Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Week 51 Pictures

I'm pretty sure that when Lehi and his family were coming to the Americas to hangout in the promised land, they 100% did not pass through Choluteca, Honduras.  There is nothing "promised" about it, just a crazy sun burn and heat stroke.  It is literally so hot here.  But I feel so free.  There are like no rules here.  The girls all have kids at like 14 years old, the guys are stoners until like 100 years old, no one is married and I think the best part is that like no one sleeps in a bed, they just sleep in hammocks because of how hot it is. I mean it is really something different here.  But there is a Wendy´s and Burger King and KFC here so I will not complain.  I cant even tell you how much I missed a hamburger haha

So my new companion is Elder Hernandez from Copan Honduras.  So now I am only mission a companion from Costa Rica and Panama to complete the whole central america list!  He is so funny.  Let me just say that his process to become a missionary had to have taken longer than most peoples.  Like if you name a drug, he has 100% done it.  It is hilarious listening to his stories.  Like now he is more mature and a stellar missionary.  I thought he was going to be super rebellious but he is so awesome.  I guess his last companion was finishing the mission and just didn't want to do anything at all so for the last two transfers he basically hasn't done anything.  I walked in the house for the first time and dumped my bags down and he grabbed his stuff and was like "You ready to go?".  So I already know we are about to go and work like crazy.  And our area is literally HUGE.  My last area used to have 3 sets of missionaries, my area now used to have 4 sets.  And it is all like little tiny towns with houses made of sticks and mud.  I love it!!  I feel like I am back in my first area and I loved it there!!  So I love it here already!

The only problem is that my district just doesn't do missionary work.  I guess Pres. Bowler just threw me a curve ball and gave me this mess.  Last week as a district, the contacted 34 people.  There are 8 people in the district.  that means that they each did about 2 last week... and they had a combined 10 lessons taught...  if I tried, I could beat those stats in one day.  I did the verification on Thursday in District Meeting and not one district had a progressing investigator.  I had a class prepped, and instead i taught a class on setting goals and accomplishing the goals like I did for my first class.  And I like had to bite my tongue a lot because I wanted to just scold all of them.  But I will love them all and together we will make this district the best district that there is!!

Another cool thing is that my whole group from the MTC is down here in the south!  Elder Anderson, Pickron, Baller, Boucheger, Hernandez and Sister Saldivar.  So we all got to see each other for the first time in like a year!!  It was like a really fun family reunion.

Lets see.  Funny things about my area you ask?  There is a lady here named Martha, She is like 50.  When we went to go visit her, she was watching TV with this dude who is ancient.  Like one swift wind and he is gone.  He is 98 so you know.  So trying to create small talk, I asked about her family.  She told me that she was married, she has kids.  And I asked if he was her dad... nope.  Hes the husband.  So I was like trying to justify it in my mind.  Like maybe they knew each other when she was like 20 and he was ....68.  And I just gave up and realized that Honduras is the best country ever and I never want to go home hahahahaha

I love you all!
Elder Garry

That's me with the freaking dopest 12 year old you will ever meet named Axel.

My girl squad!

 My two best friends in the mission.  I almost cried when I said goodbye to them.


Elder Anderson(middle) and Elder Pickron(right side)

No comments:

Post a Comment