Monday, June 20, 2016

Week 50 Headed to Choluteca

Alright so we have some new items to discuss this week!

To start off lets just talk about my week in the mission.  So it has literally been raining here like crazy. Like we get back to the house and it looks like I got pushed into a pool.  So my agenda got totally destroyed because of the rain, all of my money got soaked, my wallet soaked through my pants and even left a wallet stain on my undies hahaha my companion laughed so hard when he saw that.  Also it ruined my temple reccomend so now I am not longer worthy haha  I had to call President Bowler and he was laughing so hard.  He just said "well I'm glad to know that you are working in the rain!"... he thinks he´s funny hahaha.  We had a family home evening activity where like the whole ward was sopposed to go and bring investigators but literally like only me and my companion came.  Then like an hour later a family came so my companion and I just played a game with the members there and called it good.  I feel bad because I was soaking wet and the member told me to sit on her couch. And then we had another activity the day after and we were told that the whole ward was going to bring a ton of investigators and that the plan was to have 100 people. Because it rained like 30 came.  We walked in the pouring rain with 3 investigators!!  It was so funny because one of the investigators is the sister of a recent convert so she and I are like buddies.  She was talking on the phone the whole way and I was holding the umbrella for her while the rain was falling down on me haha #missionarywork

At that activity we were finally able to bring an investigator named Marlon Flores to an activity.  This guy is 17 and loves talking to us and loves the doctrine but he just is afraid of going because he says that if he goes, he wont like it and wont want to talk to us after.  So after like 3 months of working with him, he finally went to an activity.  I think we won him over with the free food haha but he loved it and I know that he will now start to progress and we will baptize him and his sister!

We also had interviews with Pres. Bowler this week!  I love him so much.  I only had one question in my interview and that was how can I use my time wiser because I work super hard every day and I just feel unsatisfied after every week with what I did.  And President really helped me with that.  He looked at all of my dats over the past 6 weeks and tells me that we are working really hard.  His only advice was to just contact more.  So we did it a lot more this week and I feel more satisfied but still I feel like I could give more.  It is tough because I dont know where I am losing the time.

And now the fun part.  The transfers have come and I am going to Choluteca!  It is like the hottest part in all of the world.  And there is like no food, no paved roads, no electricity so I will literally be like camping in my new area!! So it has been a pleasure knowing you all.  I will see you in the next life..... but everyone says that my area is really cool and that there is this lady that will cook for us and the food is delicious so I guess that is a win!  Only bad part is that once again, I am getting a very rebellious missionary.  I get one good missionary after like a year and then they just throw me back in with some crazy guy.  And the worse part is that I already know him.  He and I were in the MTC together and in the same zone so I feel like he will just get comfortable with me really quick and start to try to be lazy.  I swear President is just testing my patience hahaha but it will be good!  I know that he and I will work really hard and have a good time down there in the inferno!

I love you all so much!
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment