Monday, June 13, 2016

11 Months!

So this week wasn't the best in the world.  Like it wasn't awful just wasn't that great either.  We had planned on having a lot of baptisms for the 11th.  But I guess people have agency and decided they just didn't want to haha dumb agency.  We had a lady named Cinthia.  We had all thought that she was a witch but I'm pretty sure shes not because i asked her if she wanted to see a magic trick and she didn't seem too excited.  But she loved my tricks!  Anyways, so she had a baptismal date for the 11 and she was 100% ready to do it!  We had planned the interview for the Thursday at 3:30 and she was all good for it.  The only problem is that the Zone Leaders went and did divisions with the Assistants to the President.  And because of that they had to go to teguc the whole day.  So we were trying and trying to call Cinthia to tell her that we couldn't do it.  But she never answered.  The whole day.  Until Friday the day after and she wasn't a happy camper.  My companion talked to her first and she was like "yeah I don't want to do it anymore" and hung up on my companion.  then i called her because she and i are closer.  and she tells me "I don't want to do it anymore, I will just get baptized in another church.  and don't bother visiting me anymore" and hung up on me!!!! Allllll because we couldn't do a tiny interview we lost a baptism.  It isn't anyones fault but it just sucks that it happened.  So tomorrow we will go and visit her with her friend and try to figure out whats up with her.

And right now there is this really cute niña that is watching me write haha she is 6 and her name is Alexa.  She and I are best friends now.

Continuing haha
I also did my first divisions as District Leader.  I did Gringo divisions.  Elder Anderson and i went and worked and Elder Samayoa and my companion went and worked.  It was actually a really fun day!  we got back to the house at 8 to eat dinner and we played cards and ate pasta all night!!  It was like a missionary sleepover!  I thoroughly enjoyed it!  I love my district so much!!  I call them District Alpha because they are really the best.  The hermanas are working so hard and they are so awesome.  And the elders are so cool.  Every night I have to call my district and ask how they are and see what they need.  And I talk to my district for like 20 minutes each just talking and getting to know them all.  I just love them!  The only bad part about being District Leader is giving the class on Thursday but even that is fun!  Like this week I taught about how to be a good missionary, we need to have a perfect balance of Love, Obedience, and Work.  I thought I killed the class.  It was really powerful!!  I just love these guys so much!

Well I love you all!!  I hope you all have a great week!!  It is raining here like crazy so while I am soaking wet in the street talking to people who sometimes curse at me, I hope you all are enjoying your summer break and living it up!!!
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment