Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 57 New companion & Pictures

Hey so this week was the week that I became a father!!!  I have a kid! They call training having a kid so that is why I say I'm a father!  So his name is Elder Santacruz from Ecuador!!!  He reminds me a lot of my first companion Elder Reinoso.  Just like super goofy and they even look alike!  But he is so great.  I love that guy so much!!  I really do feel like he is my kid or like I'm babysitting kind of haha when we go out and work he is like "wow it is realllly hot, can we just get some water and stand in the shade for a minute" so I'm like sure little guy!! I'll buy you a little juice box if you want?? And in the lessons he panics and freaks out a lot he will just look at me and like shake his head and say no. Then I will just continue teaching haha  the funny thing is that he is just like how I was when I was in my training.  Like super scared to teach, really nervous and timid.  Now I'm a fire ball. So I hope that I can bring out his inner fire ball and turn this guy into a future AP of the mission haha that would be cool.  Another elder in my zone is training a gringo and I just feel so so so sad for that guy.  I think I forgot how hard the mission was at first.  This guy speaks like zero Spanish and speaks like a TRUE gringo haha  I just try to help him out as much as possible with translating and things like that.

But this week I worked my new guy like a dog.  He just says how tired he is all of the time hahaha it's super funny.  I put him in charge of teaching all of the retentions.  So he is in charge of choosing the scripture and teaching it and then I come and then testify of what he said.  It is that way because the members are more relaxed and wont say anything crazy like an investigator would.  And with our investigators, I put him in charge of putting the baptismal challenges.  He put 4 this week!!!  And they all said yes!!  He just has the magic touch!

I love being with someone that is really motivated. I'm glad to be out working again and enjoying the life of a missionary.  I am so happy to be a trainer and a dad!!  Every time I call for him, I never say Elder Santacruz, I always say like "hey mijo" or "aye zipote" which all translate to hey my son or hey kid. I love him so much!

I love you all so much!
Elder Garry


No comments:

Post a Comment