Monday, April 17, 2017

T-Minus 8 weeks New Companion

This week was so awesome!
So Elder Chojolan finished the mission and now I have a new companion named Elder Pineda from Guatemala as well. Just that this time he and i get a long great! haha
Elder Pineda is the coolest. It has only been like 5 days together and he is already on of my favorite comps that I have had. We work super hard and we just talk all day long as well. Like for example, last night we just talked about all of our favorite songs and we would just sing them all. We have the same interests and everything. He always says "we are twins" whenever we figure out that we have the same interests hahaha

So lets talk about the work!
As of right now we have 7 investigators with a baptismal date! and they are all so great! We have baptisms lined up for the next 6 weeks! We have one lined up for this week and then another for the next and that's how it will be this whole month and the month of May!!!!
Just yesterday we found 2 new investigators who are so great I love them so much!!! One is named Asusena! She is 18 and during the lesson when we were talking about Jesus and how through him we can live with God, she just starts crying so hard and the Spirit just filled the room. It was kind of funny because as Elder Pineda was talking I was watching him, then he stopped to pass me the time and I look over at her and she is crying and it startled me because I wasn't expecting it. She just starts saying that she knows it is all true and that she will be baptized!! She has a date for the 6th of May!
Then another guy named Noun. He was like this big time gangster and about 6 months ago, someone tried to kill him and shot him in the arm. He said that he was just full of rage and hate and was going to do something bad and then the missionaries just walked right up to him and said "would you like to be happier" and he was like well I guess I do. Then he was going to get baptized but his grandpa died and the missionaries stopped visiting. The other day we were walking and he yells out, ADIOS and my comp goes, I feel like I know him. and I was like how do you think you know him... and he said that one time he did divisions in the area and visited him. And we had the lesson and it was just so spiritual!!

So I am so happy right now!! I love life and the mission and my companion and my investigators!!

I love you all!

Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment