Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 92 9 weeks to go!



This week was so hot. it fried my memory and i almost didn't remember anything that happened. but i asked my comp and he reminded me haha

I guess it was a pretty good week!!

My companion and I are working hard and having some success here now! We are teaching pretty fun as well! We realized that people really don't understand the restoration as well as they should so instead of just teaching to teach, we are now teaching super cool. We are teaching with the Rubik's cube.. exactly how Elder Coleman and Elder Bird taught us the restoration, we are teaching. Showing how the cube is perfect and teaching the elements of the church of Christ, then teaching the apostasy and mixing it. Then little by little fixing it as we teach the restoration. We taught it to the husband of a member. This husband I guess has never wanted to be baptized nor listen to the missionaries but we have been able to bring him to church and we taught him this lesson this way and then we put a baptismal date and he accepted it!! The wife was almost crying!! It was so awesome the lesson.

I was thinking about the struggles I have had this change with some people coughcompanioncough and I just started to think, what is it that I have learned from this. like there has to be something. i think that i have learned patience. And finally, after all of this time, I think I have it down pretty well. Like I am super patient now. I never was. Another thing that I have realized and understood is the importance of picking my battles. If something bothers me, I think for a second, "is it worth mentioning" and I think well what will happen if I say something, and if the outcome isn't worth it, I just don't say anything and I feel good about this learning. My goal was to be his best companion and I know that I wasn't but I have for sure learned a lot from him!!

He is actually going home on Wednesday and I will be getting a new companion named Elder Pineda. also from Guatemala. That makes 3! and zero gringo companions!

I look forward to it! He will be my last companion as well!!!

I love you all!!

Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment