Friday, April 7, 2017

Week 91 Conference

This week went by so fast it was incredible! it was so great as well.

First off we have a great investigator named Sainz. He is 12 but his family are members. I guess he used to be really disobedient then the family said he needs to find someone to help him and then we showed up!! It is true he is kind of disobedient but when we are there he is so respectful and nice. And I talked to him and said he has to help the family out and I am hearing that he is getting a lot better! So basically he went to alll of the sessions of conference. And he is 12. And he didn't freak out or anything. He sat there and asked questions and it was so great! After conference he told us, "hey I know that my baptismal date is for the 15 but is it okay if I get baptized on the 4th". We had to say no because we still have to teach him stuff but he is so great! I love him. I call him my disciple because he wants to learn my magic tricks.

And conference was honestly so great. I loved all of the talks because they were all so centered in Jesus Christ and his atonement. But out of all of the talks, I think that I loved the talk by Elder Palmer the most because it helped me receive more personal revelation than the other talks. He said that we must "become the person that the Lord wants us to become" and it was a nice little quote and I loved it. We have all heard it before but this time I heard it and then I got a question that came rushing into my mind. "who does the Lord want me to become" and in that same moment it was like I could see my future. I'm not a fortune teller but I could see myself in the future paying my tithing. I could picture myself getting sealed in the temple. And I could picture myself baptizing my little kids. I realized that if I want to be the person the Lord wants me to be, I have to do as Elder Hales taught and to be a true disciple of Christ. Not just follow Christ but to do as he would do. I have to live this gospel and not just teach it. It makes me want to be a better person. What the Lord wants are people will to become better. And that is through living the gospel of Christ. It was just such a great moment where I could see the big picture and not just the normal 5 steps ahead that we normally can see.

So I loved conference, and I am excited to put into practice everything that I learned and to go back and study my notes so it stays in my mind nice and fresh.

I love you all!

Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment