Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 27



I just would like to start off by saying that I almost didn't do anything this week. My companion is sick with parasites and has to take 8 pills everyday to kill the parasites and it has just killed him. We work for like 3 hours everyday and then he has to rest from the lack of energy and war that is going on in his stomach. So that has been my week. Sitting here writing, I feel super sick so we shall see what I have. Maybe parasites. wouldn't that be fun!!
So our baptism fell for this Saturday because he didn't go to church yesterday. Not sure why but we will figure it out tomorrow. I guess everyone thinks he is gay so we need to really be delicate and find out what it is we need to do to figure it out. We taught the law of chastity, which surprisingly isn't as awkward as you would think, and he said that in the moment he doesn't have any problems so we will just see. I feel like we could baptize him for sure though! He just needs to understand that church is important and that he needs to go!
So I am really getting comfortable with teaching and Spanish. I find myself asking more inspired questions now. Those are so much better and make the lessons not as robotic. And yesterday I taught Sunday school and gospel principals. So basically I had the entire branch in my class and it was like 50 people and I taught very comfortably! I taught about prophets and I had the class laughing and involved. Just a good time! Whats funny is that at first, I hated teaching. Then I remember something in my Patriarchal Blessing that tells me that I will learn to love all of my callings and that is just what happened!! I really do LOVE teaching these classes! I feel like I have all of their little souls in my hands and it all depends on me!! I enjoy it haha
So other than that, we didn't do much because my companion is sick and only wants to hangout with one member and that's it alllll day. When he is sick, we just sit in the house, when he is healthy, we just sit in the members house and that's it. He tried telling me that we need to set our goals lower because we never accomplish them and I kind of yelled at him about how we set goals to work harder and then how we need to work more efficient and we could do it. He didn't like my input very much. Its funny being with him. Like we work and we get along but I feel like because he is DL, I shouldn't have a voice so when i tell him that we are doing things wrong, he gets pouty. All I'm saying is that I'm out in February so just endure to the end right?
I love you so very much!!
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment