Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 29

So this week was super long for me and we didn't even do anything all week. My companion was sick AGAIN with a cold so bad that he lost his voice so we literally couldn't even teach. Then Wednesday and Thursday we had these conferences so we didn't even get to work too much those days. So really we only worked on Tuesday and Friday and then Saturday my companion was sick and then yesterday we worked with a member so we just visited specific people and didn't really contact. So a really slow week.

SO I had some super great news up until yesterday. We are literally killing it out here in Cantarranas. We have 8 SOLID baptisms that will happen in February I think. It just sucks because I think I am getting transfered before all of the baptisms! My companion will get all the credit haha oh well.... One is a complete family of 5 and they all prayed together after the first lesson and they all got an answer and are super ready to the gospel. The other is Ronald who I talked about earlier. But the last and the most important is MY FAMILY here in Cantarranas. Hermana Sonia and Hermano Hanibal are going to get married and then baptized!!!.........or so we thought.


Hanibal said he doesn't want to get married so we did a family home evening at their house with President Pavon(president of our rama) and we talked about the family. We used my Rubiks cube to demonstrate a perfect family and then I mixed it up to show what a jacked up family looked like. Then we explained the steps that a family needs to do to be united and have love and gradually I fixed the Rubik's cube. It was actually a really cool lesson. I'm proud of myself for knowing how to do a Rubik's cube to do that lesson. Then the family of president Pavon talked and bore testimony and then my companion and then me. I talked about how hard it was to leave my family and how sucky the first part of my mission was but how when I went to their house to eat dinner every night I forgot about my problems. I told them that even though I left my family I had found a new family and how she is my new mom and he's my new dad and they are all my new brothers and sisters. I told them that I did't' care if they got baptized or went to church but the thing is that because they are my family I wanted the best for them and that is through marriage. The whole room was crying! The dad is this big strong carpenter guy and I had him in tears. I don't know if they will get married but everything is up to them now. Its all in Gods hands so I feel super at peace about it.
That was like the best moment of my mission and I remembered a part about my patriarchal blessing about how there are certain people who only I can bring into the gospel and I feel like that family is one of those people that my blessing talks about. But we will have to see how it goes.

And I gave a blessing to a woman I had just met yesterday and in my blessing I basically told her she will not get better unless she goes to church. That was the weirdest blessing I have given but it was cool. After blessings I am always shaking because is literally spiritually draining. It is a real power and I am so grateful to have it.


So that was basically my week.
I love you all so much! You´re the best! And Hermana Xiomara says hello!!!
Elder Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment